Summer

When they arrived back at Hogwarts after the holidays, the threat of the war outside was even larger. However summer was approaching fast, and Remus couldn't exactly worry when Sirius was walking around in shorts and singlets. 

   One Saturday afternoon when James and Sirius arrived back at Gryffindor Tower after Quidditch practise it was extremely hot. Remus and Peter sat by the open window, Sirius' hair was tied up in a bun. James sighed and swept his sweaty hair out of his face. "Good practise?" Peter asked. "Very hot but yes." James replied. "We should go down to the lake." Lily suggested, having just spent an hour watching James practise in the sun. "Good idea. How about it?" Sirius asked. Remus nodded his agreement and so James and Sirius put their broomsticks upstairs in the dormitory and they walked down to the lake with a good supply of pumpkin juice. 

   Sirius placed a musical radio by the shore and tapped it with his wand. Rock music floated out of the speaker and Sirius took Remus' hand and danced around with him on the beach, as if it was nice, romantic music playing. Remus didn't seem to like dancing to such music and he slowly led Sirius closer to the water as Sirius spun him around. Remus dipped Sirius and as he pushed him back onto his feet he shoved him hard, Sirius went flying into the water with a splash. Remus laughed until James came out of nowhere and pushed Remus in after Sirius. "Don't think you're safe Pete!" James said, with a flick of his wand Peter was in the air. James laughed and magicked Peter into the water. He then dropped his wand, picked up a shrieking Lily, walked knee deep into the water then threw Lily from him. However Lily grabbed his shirt in her fist and he came in after her. 

   The five teenagers messed around in their water soaked clothes, the boys taking off their shirts. Lily grabbed James from behind and pulled him away from the others, who were busy splashing each other. They entered a mini cove and before James knew what was happening Lily's lips were on his. He kissed her back with enthusiasm, wrapping his arms around her and placing a hand on her dripping hair. 

Back with the others Sirius took Remus' heavily scarred arm and pulled him closer, sweeping his light brown hair out of Remus' face and planting a kiss on him. "Uh guys, not to ruin the moment or anything, but I'm still here." Peter said from behind them.

As they lay sunbathing on the grass an hour later Remus turned to look at Sirius and said "I think Quidditch agrees with you." as he glanced at his tanned arms and tattooed chest. Sirius grinned and kissed him.