Limited Time

It was late at night during the middle of the school term, the house was empty except for Remus and Sirius. They sat in the kitchen drinking butterbeer. "I think the chances of both of us getting out of this alive are pretty slim." Sirius said. "We did it last time." Remus said. "I thought you'd remember the fact I was thrown in prison for twelve years." Sirius replied in a teasing way. "Shut up Padfoot." Remus said grumpily. "And I also thought that during those twelve years you would've replaced me with someone." Sirius added, dropping his humorous manner. Remus looked up. "If you lose me again, promise that you'll try to find someone to be happy with. You deserve that much Remus." Sirius continued. "Sure, but who'd want a werewolf?" Remus replied. "I did." Sirius said. 

Sirius was upstairs looking for Kreacher, Remus sat at the long kitchen table, reading through some Order plans. An odd noise came from the fire and then "Sirius?" a voice asked. Remus spun around. Harry's head was in the fire. "Are you okay?" Remus asked urgently. 

"Sirius!" Remus called. "What?" Sirius called back, coming down the stairs. "It's Harry, he's in the fire, says he wants to talk." Remus explained. Sirius dropped the feather duster he was carrying and hurried down into the kitchen, kneeling down beside Harry's head.

"I'll speak to Snape tomorrow." Remus said, handing Sirius a bottle of butterbeer. "Make sure to punch him for me." Sirius replied, opening a bottle of firewhisky and pouring some into his butterbeer. Remus took the firewhisky and added it to his own drink. "Can you remember those times with James?" Remus asked. "Course I can, Prongs never did have much game." Sirius replied. They both laughed and spent the evening talking about James and Lily. They pulled out the old photo albums and stayed up until dawn cracking up over photos of themselves and James, Lily and Peter. Somehow they forgot about what Peter had done, and just remembered the friendly boy that had become their brother.