Christmas Day

Harry's was the first sound of the day, as per usual. He started blabbering nonsense to himself and woke Remus and Sirius. Remus took him from his cot and brought him down onto the bed with him and Sirius. They cuddled together, Harry pointing at Sirius' tattoos and then Remus' and Harry and Remus tickling Sirius. 

Sirius yelled as Remus tickled him and Harry's little fingers poked him. He shuffled out of the way and fell off the bed. Remus laughed and swung his legs off the bed, carrying Harry with him. Harry crawled along the carpet towards Sirius, who pretended to be scared and Harry started attempting to tickle him again. Remus lay back on the floor and laughed as Harry giggled to himself. 

James, Lily and Peter watched from the door. Harry spotted them and started crawling towards them. James swooped down and picked up his son, laughing as well. Lily tickled Harry and Peter helped Remus up, everyone was laughing. Sirius got up off the floor as well, pulled on a t-shirt and they all went downstairs. 

They handed around Christmas presents and everyone helped Harry open his. Sirius and Remus had got Harry a little Quidditch jumper of his favourite team, with Potter printed on the back. Peter gave Harry a few Muggle toys, including a little train set and an owl teddy. 

After presents they had breakfast and then it was time to get started on Christmas dinner. James and Peter were in charge of the meal this year and Lily, Remus and Sirius went into the sitting room with cups of tea. Harry stayed in his highchair in the kitchen, watching his dad and Uncle Wormtail cook.

James enjoyed cooking with Peter, it was always very eventful, and Pete was a better cook than him, so he didn't have as much pressure. 

By 12 o'clock the meal was ready. They sat down at the dining table and pulled wizarding crackers. James and Sirius nearly got into a fistfight about who got the cool hat, until Peter reached along the table, snatched the hat and put it on Harry's head. James sat back down and straightened his shirt, Sirius quickly checked his hair on the back of a spoon. 

That night once Peter, Sirius and Remus left and Harry was in bed Lily and James cleaned up the wrapping paper that still hadn't been cleared, and moved all of Harry's new toys up to his bedroom. Then they kissed their sleeping baby goodnight and lay down in bed. 

"I love you." James said. "And I love you. Merry Christmas." Lily replied, taking his hand. "And a Happy New Year." James said and he kissed Lily.