Christmas Eve

December arrived and the little family of three went out to a Muggle Christmas tree shop. Harry was bundled up in about twelve layers and when Lily came upstairs to tell James and Harry that she was ready her jaw dropped. Harry's arms and legs stuck out and he could barely move because of how many sweaters and jackets James had put on him. 

Finally Lily put Harry in his car seat, tucked a blanket over him and got into the passenger seat. They drove to the outskirts of Godric's Hollow and James pulled up outside the Christmas tree shop. He took Harry from the backseat and they all walked in. A friendly guy who worked there helped them pick a perfect tree then he and James carried it out to the car.

Later that day they decorated the tree, mostly James and Lily did it, but Harry passed them a few baubles. Then Harry went to bed and James and Lily lay down on the couch together and watched a Christmas movie.

December flew by and before long it was Christmas Eve. In the afternoon Remus, Sirius and Peter arrived. Sirius picked Harry up and took him outside to see his brand new flying motorbike, along with James. They ate dinner and Peter tickled Harry under the table, making him giggle. Remus helped Harry pour out some milk for Santa and then everyone took him upstairs to get ready for bed. He lay down in his cot and everyone had their turn to kiss him, and then Sirius handed him his Hippogriff teddy and said goodnight.

Downstairs Remus handed out shots of Firewhisky and they stayed up too late drinking and talking. Before they went to bed they piled up the Christmas presents under the tree and filled everyone's stockings. Peter slept on the couch as usual, but Sirius and Remus now had to share their spare bedroom with Harry. 

They crept into the dark bedroom and got changed without talking. Sirius got straight into bed and fell asleep almost instantly. Remus lay awake, listening to Sirius' snores and Harry's breathing until he fell asleep as well.