Chapter 23: Summer Loving

"Can you grab the sugar out of the pantry?" Amora asked

"Can you grab the sugar out of the pantry?" Amora asked. Cedric, who's brown hair was covered in pancake mix, gingerly bent down and found the small container for sugar. He handed it to Amora who also had pancake mix smeared across her face and she gave him a soft smile.

"We are going to run out of sugar if we keep using it all the time," Cedric yawned as he grabbed a towel off the table.

"We wouldn't need more sugar if you didn't throw the pancake mix at my face," Amora shot back as she poured some of the sugar in the bowl. Cedric simply rolled his eyes dramatically before wiping some of the pancake mix off of her face.

It was early in the morning but the pair didn't mind. They were morning people and usually enjoyed sitting in the rocking chair on Cedric's porch and watching the sun rise with warm cups of coffee in their hands. The summer had already gone by fast and Amora was dreading the new school year. Cedric's parents had left on vacation the entire summer so slowly but surely their friends poured into his small cottage. Cedric and Amora arrived first slowly followed by Aaron and Rey. After some nudging they finally convinced Belle to come and Ned shorty followed her. Hazel came a couple days later, confirming her newfound place in the group. Cassie and Tyler had broken up so Tyler decided to remain at the Malfoy Manor which made Amora slightly upset because she was concerned for her younger brother. He had been acting different and so had Draco as they became much more secretive. Meanwhile, Aspen had been trying his best to send as many letters as he could and Amora was delighted when Cedric's barn owl, Daisy, brought back another letter that very morning.

"Thank you very much Daisy!" Amora cooed and Daisy nudged her head as Amora scratched it.

"Aspen?" Cedric asked as he tied an apron around his waist. He then began to flip the pancakes expertly, knowing that Amora couldn't cook to save her life.

"Mhm," Amora mumbled as she clumsily opened the letter, hungry for her older brother's words.

Dear Mores,

I hope this letter finds you well. This summer has been pretty hectic after You Know Who's rise, but I've been trying to stay positive. I've recently joined an Order that Dumbledore recommended to me. Before you ask, I doubt I can give you much more information without risking putting you in danger...again. In the previous letter, you asked where I was before, and I've currently been with Dumbledore as his right hand man in the Ministry trying to warn them of the current danger they face. If you've seen the newspapers I beg you to ignore them, no matter what those wankers say about you, Cedric, or Harry. We all knew what we saw that night, and nothing will change that. Please right back soon since I doubt I'll see you until Christmas. I really would like to see you soon, but my current position doesn't allow me to have that option.   (P.S. Tell Aaron I know he stole my favorite jumper, and that I'll whoop his ass into tomorrow if he spills butter beer on it. And tell Cedric no funny business.)