Chapter 7 - Dart Master

This is it! I"m so busted. Dylan will surely figure out that Seth and I weren't playing darts the night of the bonfire. Dylan hands over three darts as I approach him; standing behind the chalk-drawn line, I reluctantly take them. I turn back to glance at Seth, hesitating for a moment. He flashes a cheeky grin and leans against the workstation, appearing entertained by all of this. I turn back, looking at Dylan one last time, "Come on, dart master, you got this." Dylan calls out as he watches me; arms crossed as I aim for my target. Fuck! I've never played darts before. Okay, well, here goes nothing. My heart is racing; with one eye squinted, I stick out my tongue as I focus on my target. Ready...aim...throw!

Shit! The dart flies through the air and lands on the wall beside the target. Figures! Dylan snorts, "Shake it off, dart master, try again."

Yeah, shake it off, Brie. With one eye squinted, I attempt another shot. Ready...aim...throw! It hits the side of the wall, bounces off, and falls to the ground. Fuck! This is harder than I thought. Dylan chuckles, "Man, Seth, she's tough competition!" 

I flash Dylan an evil glare; he's so competitive! Come on, Brie, you got one more! Show him that you did whoop Seth's ass in darts even though that is far from what we were doing. Ready...aim...throw! The dart flies through the air and barely hits the outside of the board, "Woohoo! I got it!" I gloat.

A look of confusion crosses Dylan's face, "Uh, Brie, you do realize you are supposed to shoot for the target in the middle, right? The bullseye? Watch me, darlin."

Dylan walks up to the dartboard, removes the dart from the target, and picks the others off the floor before stepping back across the line.  He throws one dart and hits outside of the center bullseye. Then he throws another, the same thing. The third dart, he actually hits the center bullseye, "See, that's how you play, darlin." 

I roll my eyes, "Ehh...I let you win." I tell him as I playfully nudge his arm. 

He glances at Seth, and the two of them begin to roar with laughter. I playfully smack him on the arm, "Hey D! What are you laughing about, you big knucklehead?!" I cry out, tears streaming down my cheeks as I laugh hysterically along with them. Thank God Dylan isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I might get by without him suspecting a thing. I wipe the tears from my eyes with my index finger, "Hey, why don't we have Mariah and Seth play next?" I suggest. 

With a huge smirk across his face, Dylan removes the darts from the target and motions for Mariah, "Come over here, sweet cheeks, show Daddy what ya got." 

With her arms crossed in front of her chest, she clears her throat and raises one brow before she stands and approaches him, removing the darts from his hand, "Well, you have to promise you won't get butt hurt if I beat you, baby." She gloats as she spins around with her back facing him. 

"I can promise I won't get butt hurt, but as for you..." he says as he rubs his hands together with a cheeky grin. 

She turns her head to glance at him before attempting to aim the dart for the target. As she leans forward and positions herself to throw, Dylan reaches under her skirt just before the dart leaves her hand. She jolts forward and yelps from the initial shock, "Ahh! Dylan! Shame on you!" she cries out. The dart bounces off the wall and falls to the ground.

Dylan snickers, "Good shot, babe! You really nailed that wall!" he says with a sarcastic undertone.

She turns to face him, arms crossed, brow raised, "You big cheater, no more!" she warns, biting her lip to keep from smiling. 

With his hands up, he backs away, flashing an evil grin in her direction. She turns around, leans forward, and shoots to aim at the bullseye. The garage is silent, watching her aim to throw the next dart. Dylan quickly reaches up and smacks her behind just before she lets go of the dart, "Ahhh! Dylan! Stop it!" she hollers as she spins around to face him while putting her hands up to block him. The dart bounces off the wall and onto the floor.