Chapter 38 - Big Whoops!

SIX AND A HALF MONTHS LATER...

We set the wedding date for March 16th, the same day as my birthday. That ought to make things a bit easier for Seth to remember one date instead of two in the long run. You know how men are with remembering important dates like anniversary and birthday. I made Maggie my maid of honor, and Stacy was my bridesmaid. Mariah helped behind the scenes, but she will be ready to pop as the wedding date approaches. She is due only a week after, so hopefully, that baby stays in her belly until after I walk down the aisle. 

My colors are candy apple red and pink. The bridesmaid dresses are light pink made with chiffon material, and the boys will wear candy apple red vests with matching ties. I'm not sure what color the suits are, but Seth is in charge of that. He didn't want me to put him in pink, so he said he would handle the suits. Georgia is the flower girl, and her dress is white with a candy apple red bow wrapped around the waist. John Luke is the ring bearer, and Seth is in charge of his suit as well. I know that between Maggie, Mariah, and Momma, my wedding is going to look stunning. The ceremony will be held at my Momma's house in the backyard. It was very exciting to know that I will soon be known as Mrs. Seth Madden. 

As far as the bachelor/bachelorette parties, we agreed that the girls would celebrate the bachelorette party one weekend, and the following weekend, the boys would celebrate the bachelor party. Both were weekends that Mariah had off, so she was either home to watch Georgia or came with us. The bachelorette party was awesome. We traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, and had the time of our lives. Just myself, Mariah, Momma, Maggie, and Stacy spent the weekend there. Momma and Mariah joined us during the day but stayed in at night while I got out with Maggie and Stacy to enjoy the nightlife. The boys decided that they would head to New Orleans, Louisiana, and spend the weekend there for the bachelor party. They may or may not have had a stripper; I didn't ask, nor did I want to know. Hank tagged along since he was part of the wedding party because Seth made him the groomsmen. Momma said when he came back, he was exhausted. Nevertheless, our boys are back, and the rehearsal dinner is fast approaching, with only a week away. 

ONE WEEK LATER...

I wake up to a feeling of bile rising in my throat. I hop over Seth, roll off the bed, and dash for the bathroom. Everything I ate the night prior came up the moment I reached the toilet, "Babe, are you okay?" Seth calls out from the bedroom.

Kneeling, I lean down; my arms draped over the toilet bowl, I attempt to collect myself for a moment before answering, "Yeah! I'm fine! I think it was that disgusting hamburger I ate last night. I thought it smelled funky." I tell him. 

I hear his feet touch the floor, and his footsteps draw closer, "No, don't come in here, babe, I'm fine." I tell him. 

He opens the door, "Sweetheart, there is no reason to be embarrassed around me. We are getting married tomorrow. Do you need anything?" He asks. 

I pull myself up to a standing position and flush the toilet, shaking my head from side to side before marching over to the sink to brush my teeth. What he doesn't know is that I'm petrified that I may be pregnant. I missed four pills about six weeks ago, and Seth knew all about it. I got myself caught up on my pack, but we didn't use protection. Since then, I've been a nervous wreck, and I think I may need to take a test. I don't want to worry him, so I don't even mention it, but I'm going to need to sneak out to get a test today without him knowing. If it's positive, then I'll find a way to break the news to him, "I'm going to get in the shower. Do you mind if I take bubby to the park today? Since I'll be at Mariah's, and I won't see him tonight." I ask him. 

"I don't care, honey. Whatever you want to do. Let me know if you need anything. I hope you aren't getting sick this close to the wedding; that would suck." He says.