Chapter 34 - Embarrassing Moment

I sped down the road and figured that since I was so angry that I would go ahead and call him now so that I'm not stewing for the next three hours and hit him all at once with it. I dial his number; he picks up after the second ring, "Hey baby." he answers.

"So, I just left Frieda's, and John Luke was on the front porch with the two kids while she was taking a shower getting for bingo. His pull-up is completely saturated and probably disintegrated by now, and I made sure to tell her that he wasn't potty trained. She didn't even have the courtesy to come out and speak to me when I showed up. She knew I was coming at 3:00 pm." 

He sighs audibly, "Ugh! Well, it could have been worse." He says.

"What do you mean? That's pretty bad." 

"She didn't do anything too bad. I have had babysitters passed out when I show up while he runs around the house with the door wide open."  

I gasp, "You are fucking kidding me?!" 

"I wish I was darlin. Is John Luke, okay?" He asks. 

"He seems okay. That little girl that was there played with him. She kind of seemed motherly." I tell him. 

He snickers, "Maybe we can pay her to watch him."  

"Ugh, you are killing me," I tell him while biting my lip, trying to hold back the laughter.

He chuckles, "We can talk about it when I get home, love. Maybe we just use her one more day and keep looking. If John Luke seems okay and you don't notice anything, it's fine." 

I exhale audibly, "If you say so." 

"Alright, honey, I gotta jump off here. I love you." 

"I love you, baby," I tell him before disconnecting the call. I pull up at Seth's house moments later and carry John Luke inside. I rush him to the bathroom, set him on the potty seat, and get him ready for a bath. I check his temperature to make sure it's still normal. There were no changes from this morning. While I'm running the bathwater, I get a call from someone. I lean over to check the caller ID on the bathroom sink; it's Mariah, "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey sis, what are you doing?"

"I'm about to give John Luke a bath," I tell her.

"I was calling to let you know that they sent me home because the census is low, and they have an abundance of staff. Since I'm part-time, I'm the first to go. I was wondering if John Luke could have a sleepover tonight with Georgia?" she asks. 

"Yes, but do me a favor, don't tell Dylan until he gets home. I want to surprise Seth tonight with a nice dinner. Maybe I will wear something sexy. I just want it to be a surprise, is all."  

She snickers, "Ohhh... yes! I won't say a word! Gettin freaky!" 

I chuckle, "By the way, bubby has a runny nose, but I checked his temperature twice, and it's normal." 

"Ahh.. that's okay. I'll keep an eye on it, then," she says. 

"How about I bring him by after dinner?"

"I'm gonna order pizza tonight. Just bring him over after his bath. Aunt Mimi wants John Luke cuddles." she says. 

"Alright, Aunt Mimi, we will be by shortly," I respond. 

I disconnect the call and finish getting John Luke bathed. Then I get him out, dry him off, and dress him in his pajamas so he will be comfortable. I pack his bag and drop him off at Mariah's house. When I return... it's showtime, but I gotta hurry!

I pull out the chicken that I had marinated in the refrigerator overnight and place it in the oven. Then I hurry up and hop in the shower while it's cooking to clean up and shave all the important parts. After I'm done, I jump out, dry off and moisturize before scurrying into the bedroom. I realize the only thing sexy I have is that candy apple red gown I brought, and I have already worn it twice, boring! I think I will be naked when he gets home. I'll just wear my strappy stiletto heels. Yeah! That's what I'll do. I slip on one of Seth's t-shirts and a pair of panties and finish prepping our dinner so as it gets close to 6:00 pm, I'm ready for my man to get home.