Chapter 24 - Revolving Door

Seth's POV

I pull up to Dylan's house and park the truck. My thoughts are going a thousand miles a minute over what just occurred. I have fantasized about this girl for four years, and the fantasy was finally fulfilled this afternoon, but I want more; I need more of her. God, I hope that she decides to stay. I can't lie; it will be a tough blow if she goes back to Knoxville. 

I hop out of the truck and run up the front porch to knock on the front door. After a few seconds, Mariah answers, "Hey, come on in, Seth. He's playing with Georgia."

I walk in through the front door to the living room, "Thanks, Mariah. I appreciate you watching him." 

"So how is Brie? I haven't had a chance to talk with her yet." 

I can't help but chuckle, "She's good. She just graduated and..." I begin to say before I'm interrupted as Dylan walks down the hallway from the bedroom, freshly showered.

 "Hey, brother." He says as he struts into the living room wearing only sweatpants. 

"Aww stud, you didn't have to get all nice and clean for me. I'm flattered." I tell him jokingly.

The three of us roar with laughter as the kids run out of the room, "Daddy!" John Luke squeals as he runs towards me. 

I kneel and stretch my arms out as he lunges towards me, "Hey bub, you ready to go home?"

"Ready!" he yells as I stand up, reaching out for his hand. 

Georgia approaches me and tugs at my pants, "Hi, Uncle Sef." 

I lean down and lift her into my arms, "Aww, hey, pretty girl."

"Did you bwing me anyfing?"

I snicker, "Nope, Uncle Sef didn't bring anything today, but tomorrow I'm coming to pick you up, and I'm taking you and John Luke to the park. Does that sound fun? Maybe we will get ice cream afterward?"

She stretches her arms up over her head, "Yay!" 

I plant a kiss on her cheek and set her down, "Dylan, that girl is going to knock 'em dead when she grows up. You wait. Talk about a heartbreaker. The genes in the family are strong with this one, Mariah, Maggie, Brie...it's your future, man."

He growls as he plops down on the sofa, "Fuck off! Don't you put that evil on me!"

Mariah and I chuckle, "Serves you right, you knucklehead!" I tell him.

He rolls his eyes and begins to flip through the channels attempting to ignore me, "Alright, say goodbye to Georgia, John Luke." I order him as I gently push him towards her.  

Georgia reaches out to hug him, but John Luke pulls away, "Yucky!" 

Georgia leans in and plants a wet kiss on John Luke's face, and he pulls away. I can't help but chuckle, "Aww, Georgia. Just wait, he's going to be wanting to kiss you when you get older, and you will be the one to push him away." 

She chuckles and runs over to Dylan and cuddles next to him on the sofa; he pulls her in close, "That a girl, stay away from those stinky boys." he mutters under his breath. 

I grab John Luke's hand, "Alright, y'all. I'll be back tomorrow around noon to pick Georgia up." 

Mariah and Dylan bid us farewell, and Georgia blows a kiss as we exit the front door. I lift John Luke off the ground, place him in the car seat, and fasten him in before taking off down the road. 

When I pull up in the drive, I turn around to find that John Luke is already passed out. He must have gotten his second wind at Dylan's house and didn't nap. I hop out and carry him inside. His pull-up is dry, so Mariah must have just changed it. I wish Mariah could watch him all the time, but I can't expect that. She works as a nurse at the hospital. She helps out tremendously, though. I love her to death; she's so good for Dylan. Any man would be lucky to have that girl; I am sure glad he snatched her up.