Chapter 20 - Cheater

THREE YEARS LATER...

Brie's POV

"Oh, can I wear this top?" I ask Stacy as I search through her closet.

She slips her sundress over her petite frame before looking up, "Sure, borrow whatever you want." she says as she adjusts her bosom in her dress. 

"Girl, I miss being roommates. I can't borrow Patrick's clothes; they aren't pretty enough." I tell her, jokingly. 

"Well, that's what you get for moving in with your boyfriend; you should have moved in with me. This apartment is way bigger than our old dorm room," she says as she slips her sandals on. 

"You are so right. I miss you." 

"I miss you too, but if you are happy with Patrick, then I'm happy for you," she says. 

I walk over and plop down on her bed, "That's the thing, we were happy for a while. He just all of a sudden got weird on me. I don't know what happened. He was so into me the first couple of years. I guess he just got bored." I mumble.

She approaches me and runs her fingers through my hair, "Now, you don't know that. Have you talked to him about it?"

"I try, but he brushes me off. He says I'm paranoid." 

She sighs audibly and sits down next to me, "Honey, I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry, but men are disgusting and vile creatures."

"I should have just been single like you this whole time. You seem happy."

She clears her throat, "Let's just go have fun tonight. If he acts strange, you are welcome to stay with me."

"What? And miss the mediocre sex with no foreplay? Not in a million," I tell her as I bite my lip to keep the laughter from escaping.

She snickers, "Oh God! I don't know how you will survive a night without it." She says with a sarcastic undertone. 

"I'm going straight to hell. I should never talk about him like that." 

"Honey, listen. I know all about mediocre sex; I had it with my ex Derrick for far too long. Not to mention, you can tell me anything; your secret is safe with me. I would never tell a soul; I got your back."

"You are so right. God, I'm not happy. I guess I haven't been for a while. I need more passion and fire. He's gorgeous and hard-working, but he isn't cutting it in the bedroom like..." I begin to say before I bite my lip. 

"Like Seth?" She adds as she begins to massage my shoulder. 

"Seth was a fucking stallion, Stacy. I miss him so much. Why do I still miss him after all these years? He's probably married to Rachel by now with kids. Anytime my family even mentions his name, I tell them I have to go. It's so hard to even talk about him."

She chuckles, "Girl, he must have been a stallion in the sack. You called his name out in your sleep for a year after you got here. I'm going to have meet this sex God of yours." 

"It's too late; I am positive he's moved on. I haven't spoken to him since the night that Mariah had Georgia. He called me several times after that and left me voicemails. I deleted them all without listening to them. I regret that so much."

She glances at the clock, "Okay, the frat party starts at 9:00 pm. It's our last one before you graduate next week. Aren't we supposed to meet Patrick at your place around 8:30 pm?"

I glance over at the clock, "Yeah, I promise to quit feeling sorry for myself. I don't want to be a party pooper." I tell her. 

"Ahh... girl. That is nonsense, and you know it. I told you, I'm here for you when you need me."