Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Theo’s POV-

I was watching a movie with Shai, when we both fell asleep. I was woken up by fierce pounding on Shai’s apartment door. Before either of us could act though, the door was tore down and a crowd rushed at us. Fans. I took Shai and shielded her from them. As the fans piled in, they started fighting each other, because each were trying to talk to us. They were fighting so much, it got physical. The fans were fighting non-stop, with punching, kicking, and screaming.

As the fans were fighting, I took Shai to her bedroom closet and hid her there. I had to protect her no matter what. 

Then, I came back to the living room and started breaking up the fights and pushing the ravage fans out. They dropped flowers and cards on the way out and after about 10 minutes, I got them all out. 

I went back to the closet and got Shai out. She was shaking uncontrollably and crying her eyes out. She is broken and I can’t help but start to cry myself. I hold it in and pick her up. I put her on the couch and take her weak body in my arms and hug her.

She cries into my shoulder and I stroke her short, brown hair. I whisper into her ear, “It’s okay, Shai. You’re all right. I will protect you. You’re fine. I love you.”

After 5 minutes of whispering sweet thoughts into her ear, she turns toward me with tear stains on her hollow cheek bones. I wipe them off with my thumb and stare into her eyes. She says, “Theo, why d-do you t-think Maggie did this?”

“I don’t know, Shai. Maybe jealousy?”

M-Maybe,” she stutters. Then, Shai starts crying again. I pull her in for another hug. I whisper, “We’ll be fine. I promise.”