Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

Today was one of my favourite days, a trip to Hogsmeade Ginny and Dean had made up and weren't the best of company when it was just you and them two. I could have asked Harry, Ron and Hermione to go with them, but Katie and Leanne offered me to join them in the three broomsticks and it would be good to catch up.

"so, Katie how is Quidditch?" I asked her as we sat down at a table at the three broomsticks.

"good, hope we get a good start to the season, hopefully be champions." She said nodding.

"well there is a good team there, I mean it's not the twins, but it'll do." I said to them as they laughed.

"did they tell you to say that?" Leanne questioned me.

"I can't confirm or deny that I just have to make sure they stay remembered at school."

"I'm sure they will be remembered by what they're selling, I don't know a kid in school who hasn't bought something from them. It is a little different without them here."

"yeah it's strange." I agreed. "I get to see them in the holidays so It's all good."

"do you see them often?" Leanne asked I looked at them. I nearly forgot, no one at schools knows about my mother and father, only who I have told the rest is quiet. Everyone else still thinks I live with them and that everything is perfect, another one of my many lies.

"I see them when we visit the Weasleys and we keep in touch, they are all like my extended family." I said as they nodded along. "hey how uncomfortable do you think it's making Ron watching Ginny snog Dean." I said as we looked around at Ron's disgusted face and Ginny and Dean totally oblivious, we all laughed.

"you know girls, I'm glad we are catching up." I told them.

"same here." Katie said as we clinked glasses and continued talking.

It felt like we had been there ages as Katie excused herself to go to the bathroom I sat with Leanne as we waited for her.

"I wonder what's taking her so long?" I questioned.

"you know Katie she probably got stuck talking to someone."

"probably discussing quidditch tactics somewhere." I replied as Leanne laughed. As if on cue Katie came back from the toilet

"I need to go." She said as she grabbed her stuff and I eyed her.

"Katie where did you get that box from?" I asked her noticing it in her hands as I reached forward, and she moved the box away from me.

"I have to go." She said as she walked away from us, Leanne and I both stood up and followed her.

"Katie what's so important you needed to leave." I asked her. "and what the hell is with the box.

"I need to deliver it quickly."

"to who?" Leanne asked her.

"what is it?" I asked her starting to get concerned about what it was.

"I don't know." She said suddenly realising. "I suppose I could take a quick peak." She said eying the box.

"Katie you don't know what could be in there." Leanne said as she opened the box. It was if time had stopped, Katie didn't move.

"Katie." I said wearily as I moved closer to her, about to shake her out of her trance, no sooner had I taken a step Katie was lifted six feet into the air, she looked utterly terrified.

"oh my god." I covered my mouth with my hands

"I warned her." Leanne was shouting frantically, we were now joined by Harry, Ron and Hermione. Harry and Ron reached up and touched her legs and as they did, she hit the floor thrashing around from side to side.

"she's swallowing her tongue." I heard Ron say.

"I'll got get someone." Harry replied as he went to walk away and I started walking closer to Katie, I wanted to comfort her in some way and let her know we were there.

"get back." I heard Hagrid scream as I practically jumped out of my skin. I stepped back into line with Hermione and held onto her hand.