Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

Katie was still in the hospital wing, we were told she was well looked after, around the clock care. Tonight, was Slughorns best students dinner party, which I was surprised to be invited to. I had slipped on a simple red dress and slightly curled my hair. I was glad to have the company of my friends when there

"you ready?" Hermione asked me.

"where is Ginny?" I questioned her.

"I'm not sure, we need to go we will be late." I nodded as I followed her, worried Ginny wouldn't be going with us.

I was sat around the table making slow talk with everyone else, Cormac kept eyeing Hermione up and she tried to make less eye contact with him as possible.

"Cormac how is your uncle these days?" I zoned out as I hear Cormac go on about his parents.

"Miss Cliff, what about your uncle Amos how is he doing these days?" I turned to Professor Slughorn eyeing him. Did he know? Did all the teachers here know about my parents and that's why he didn't ask about them.

"yeah he's good." I replied. "coping." I said as he nodded along

"and how about his work?" he queried.

"nothing out of the ordinary at the moment although a couple of weeks there was a hippogriff which may have been seen by some muggles he had to deal with the cover up of that and finding the hippogriff of course." That was a slight lie it was months ago that had happened. He smiled in recognition at me.

"miss Granger, what is it you parents do in the muggle world?"

"there both dentists, they tend to people's teeth.

"is that dangerous work?"

"not really although my father did get bit by this boy once." She said as she laughed and everyone looked at her dumbfounded I smiled at her. Hermione had explained what her family did to me, I found it quite fascinating.

"they do marvellous work; they did my teeth." I sad showing them my teethy grin there was a chorus of small smiles as Hermione looked at me with gratitude, just then the door opened and in walked Ginny, Harry stood up and I looked at him as he sat back down and Ginny sat down.

She's been crying." Hermione commented.

"I'll kill him." I told her simply.

Later that nights we were in the girl's dormitory.

"are you ok Ginny?" I asked her.

"yes, I'm fine sorry I was late, I'm never normally late."

"ginny you don't have to apologise to me for anything, I just would like to know you're ok." She nodded at me.

"Ginny, I don't say it often enough and you say it more than enough to me but I'm here for you. You know, that right?" you're like the sister I never had and if you need me to I will go out there right now and kick Dean Thomas where it'll hurt." She let out a little laugh.

"thank you but no that's not what I need." She said as she hugged me. "all will be fine." She told me. I don't know if she was trying to reassure me or herself, but I had a feeling it wasn't working.