Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I found myself following Draco down the corridor, trying to dodge my classmates as I kept him in my sites. I had no idea what I planned to do to get his attention.

As I followed him I realised how ridiculous I must look and I prayed I didn't bump into anyone I knew. As he made a left and turned the corridor I ran after him, the corridor was empty this was my chance. I quickly ran to catch up with him and grabbed him, pulling him into the first door way I saw, which just so happened to be a broom closet.

"what the hell are you doing?" I heard him say as he turned to look at me brushing the arm I had just had a hold of.

"getting your attention." I replied.

"I already told you I'm not interested can't you get that through your thick skull!" I flinched away from his aggressiveness.

"I need answers." I told him simply.

"what?" he looked at me confused as I grabbed his arm and pulled up his sleeve. I instantly felt sick at what I saw, on his arm was no other then the dark mark. The mark of a death eater. He quickly swatted away my hand and pulled down the sleeve of his top. "oh my god." I managed to mutter as I looked at him.

"my father tells me it's a great honour to be chosen, it means he trusts me." I look at him shocked.

"you think that is honour, when? When did it happen?"

"over the summer." Harry was right in what he saw and thought. Draco Malfoy is a death eater.

"so all this time at school you've been one of them, one of his followers."

"he believes in me, I'm doing my family proud." I snorted at this as he squinted his eyes and looked at me.

"your family doesn't make you who you are, look at me look at your aunt. You don't have to do this because you think it's right by your family." He flinched at me. "I can't believe you would choose that."

"would you?" he asked me. "if it was to save your mother would you choose it?"

"I'd pretend, I'd pretend until I could see her then we'd escape."

"you think its that easy to pretend and escape them, you don't know them." I looked at him and I instantly felt sad for him. That's why he looked sickly, that's why he looked different. He was battling himself, trying to do right by his family by ignoring his own thoughts.

"is that why you said what you did." I said referring to his revelation before Christmas break, he looked directly at me.

"there is no room for us right now, there can be no us." I sighed as I looked at him.

"you've put me in an impossible situation."

"no you put yourself in it when you couldn't just leave it alone."

"don't you understand!" I shouted at him. "I needed to know, I hoped I was wrong. But now I do, what am I meant to do with this."

"you do nothing."

"Draco, you're a death eater. You're literally on the other side, what are you doing here?" he looked at me shocked.

"what do you mean?"

"I mean at Hogwarts, they must have sent you back for a reason."

"I can't tell you that, you can't know that!" he shouted at me.

"why?!"

"because you can't!" he shouted back at me, I didn't respond. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do, do I not tell anyone or do I tell them. My mother believed in my father and look how that turned out. But Draco wasn't my father, my father hid it for years what he was fitting in perfectly. Draco couldn't do that after just a few months you could see the toll it had took on him, his appearance. He didn't look the same, he didn't act the same.

"you have to promise me something." I said as he looked at me. "you have to promise me that whatever it is you're doing it doesn't involve hurting other people." He looked me dead in the eyes as he said the next words.

"I promise." I pulled him close to me as I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"then I'll keep your secret." I whispered.