Chapter 61

The Clan gathered in the clearing of the camp, all staring up alert with perked ears. QuailClan pitifully stood beside them, looking out of place within their former enemies' camp. For now, they were allies.

Barely days ago, if even a whisker of a QuailClan cat had been seen in camp, they would've been shredded. But Duststar allowed it, even if he did show slight distaste at Slightstar.

"So you're telling me you've had kits stolen too?" The brown tabby questioned the QuailClan leader, who said nothing and nodded instead.

"Not kits, but apprentices. Honeypaw and Bumblepaw disappeared in the night. Ebonypaw was the only one left. He mentioned seeing three figures, thin and spindly, their scent was unfamiliar. He thought nothing of it." Slightstar verified, giving the deputy Furzefur a sideways glance.

"It'll be that rogue group in TwolegPlace. Always causing bother round here." He sat down quickly, and Slightstar grimaced.

"No, you're the one who gives them trouble!" A shout came from the crowd. Surprisingly it was Galewing, a furious flame in his yellow eyes. He had never protested before, so this was out of character.

Surrounding him were Mistflower, Meadowtail and Swoopfeather, who all gave grievous nods.

"AmberClan are the only ones not here. I think it's obvious who's been the one behind this." Applestream twisted around, spitting at Galewing.

"Yes, they're not here. But they're not the ones who've directed this!" Galewing protested back, his tail spiking up at Applestream. The cream tom always had to accuse someone of something.

"Enlighten me." Applestream raised an eyebrow.

"It's Rainclaw and the rogue group. Wait—before you go off, she's not thinking right! She doesn't know what she's doing and I don't think the rogue group does either."

With that, the clearing burst into gossip, various shouts of surprise from QuailClan, a mulled disappointment in BirchClan.

"That's not like Rainclaw!"

"--i feel sorry for her, this Clan is madness."

"Not really a surprise, is it though?"

"The mistake of the code was bound to be evil."

"If I could just interrupt, I genuinely believe that Rainclaw has her reasons for this." Pondmist, who was sitting outside the medicine den called out. "I can understand why she wants to fight."

Oh no he doesn't. Duststar suppressed a snarl and glared deeply at the grey tabby. He wouldn't dare.

"But, I can't really say..." the medicine cat finished, the fur on his neck spiking up timidly. Even if he was blind, he could sense the cold glare Duststar was giving him.

"Why not?" Troutsplash shouted, his eyes angry. "Surely we deserve an explanation."

"I'd like to know why my foster daughter went and kidnapped her sisters." Robintail hissed, surprisingly hostile. But she couldn't be blamed. Her daughters were missing and no one knew of their presence.

"Foster daughter?" Leopardshade echoed. "When did that happen?"

"Who knows," Brackenflower remarked beside him. "Who cares? All I want is to know where my kits are!"

"Okay, okay. We'll send out a search party later this afternoon by the AmberClan border." Darkwing meowed, however the stoic look on her face hid the true emotion. Rowanface had warned her of the upcoming battle, and maybe notifying the Clans would be a good idea—but it'd just make them more distressed and out of control.