Chapter 24

RUBY'S POV:

After roughly an hour of driving, we finally made it to his house. Of course as a movie star and what the people of Port Harcourt would call Senior man, he had to have a stunning house but he took this to the next level. It was jaw  dropping.

His house was in the Garden City proper and his house was even more than fit for the Governor. It was in a gated estate, I wouldn't expect anything less from him though. As we drove into his compound, I was almost at a lack of words.

His house was beyond beautiful and by the way his lips lifted ever so slightly, he knew. Of course this wasn't the house he showed to anyone, it was another of his many getaway houses so the thought of getting a personal tour of the house was a definite steal.

"Like what you see?", he asked as he angled his head a little towards me.

" Love it", I said still looking around.

It wasn't entirely a sneakpeak into the celebrity's mind but rather a more defined way of knowing he had style and I don't know how he managed to blend a bit of modern into an other wise neoclassical look. Walking around and letting my hands draw slowly on every smooth surface I could see, I had to conclude that it was indeed a smart decision.

Turning to meet him already looking at me with blank eyes, sort of searching for some bits of approval, I beamed a smile at him. It did him wonders because I could see supposed tension roll off his shoulders.

"So, can you show me to my room?" I asked grabbing the strap of my carry on bag, the only thing I brought.

"Yeah sure", he said.

After walking a bit and some random twists and turns which I tried hard to keep up with, he stopped in front of a door. Turning the handle slowly, it seemed like he was building up the tension to almost avoid the situation.

" Well this is your room " he said, side stepping to let me take in the scene.

The room was more homely than I'd thought. It was an exact replica of the way I'd designed my room at my parents' house. Right from the 3D tiles that better reminded me of the ocean, to the calm blue colour of the wall, you'd easily fall in love with the room.

Flashback

"What did you want it to look like?" James said, voluntarily flexing his muscles as he tightened his wrap around my waist.

"I won't talk -" I said making myself comfortable again in his arms. "But it would be breathtaking"

"Describe the room"

"The tiles would be 3D designed to look like the ocean, that way I can scare the kids into giving me sometime alone with my man"

"You want kids?"

"Like you'd pass up the chance to let your spawn rule the earth"

"Well no but... You know what, keep talking"

"There'd be LED stars on the ceiling for design and so I'd feel like Moana, falling asleep on the beach"

"That's nice"

"And the bed would be really soft. And there'd be silly portraits of us making faces at the camera and we'd update my collection every year. We could even make our own calendar. Yeah, we could call it 12 months of Llock"

"You watch too much Nickelodeon, I'm putting you on a strict Netflix diet"

"Its your subscription after all"