Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

RUBY'S POV:

"Get used to it, Ruby"

"What?" I said panicking inwardly but trying to not let it show.

"There's one thing I hate Jade liars." He said his back still turned.

"I mean who doesn't hate liars" I said trying to justify my genuine intentions.

"So Ruby, what are you in for? I thought you'd never change your hair as you said nine years ago on your post?" he said still not looking at me as he walked towards the window.

Grabbing the bedspread, I followed his movement with my eyes. Trying to decipher his emotions but I realized that he could as well be in leader mode when he didn't need to show any weakness. So I waited for a sign.

"You really played me for a fool?" he said lowly and a shiver ran down my spine.

"I can't say you wanted to reconnect now can I? You would have done the normal thing of texting or calling even? Let's play a game shall we? I ask a question and you answer" he said finally turning for me to see his face.

He held no emotion as I beheld the stoic face of a leader. One that would do anything to cover up his track and I knew for sure that he wasn't speculating. In ten years he had been able to meet thousands of girls so why did he mention my name with so much confidence? Because he was so sure about it, I lost words to prove him wrong with.

"Who are you?" he asked looking at me like a predator would.

Damn babe, man candy alert.

Of course, my inner fan girl would choose this chance to surface and remind me of how sore I was. What with it being my first time and all.

I didn't know if this was a trick question. Did he want me to admit with my mouth that I was Ruby? That fact had already been established. Did he want me to say what I did now?

"That wasn't our agreement babe" he said and this reminded me of a lion circling a baby deer.

He had somehow moved towards me and was standing at the edge of the bed. He leaned forward and pecked my forehead and I didn't know what to think anymore.

"What did you do to get yourself such a job?" he asked again but my mind chose to dwell on the fact that he had given me a forehead kiss even in a situation like this.

If you didn't know, then know now. Forehead kisses are the way to the soul, let me tell you now. To the guys reading this, give your girl a kiss on her forehead and she will spill her guts for another kiss.

"Wrong again babe" he said and full on kissed me.

I didn't know what to think anymore and the smirk on his face told me this was his game plan.

"I..." I stuttered out.

"You know what? Don't talk. Follow me" he commanded dragging me out of the bed.

I nodded and began wrapping the bed spread more tightly around my chest. Trust me it's an inborn attitude of Africans. Locally it should be called the art of wrapper tying because you could almost never catch a woman at home without a wrapper covering her nakedness or indecent dressing.

"Loose the wrapper, there's nothing I haven't seen" he said and looked at me sincerely for the first time this morning.

I blushed.

He took me to the door of the house and once I stood still, he began moving.

"This is the first sitting room. It's meant for visitors so let's leave Jade here." He said and it took all in me not to coo at him. He was being too adorable to be true and I wanted to kiss him so much but I had to behave.