14. Mine For Life

I had slept through the entire day and the entire next night after I had eaten

I had slept through the entire day and the entire next night after I had eaten. Ophelia had brought up some stew and bread, paired with a mug of ale. I never drink ale but I was happy for it at the time. It had warmed me right up alongside the fire and Timber.

After I had eaten to my stomach's content I had changed into much more comfortable clothing. I adorned a thin nightgown as Timber wore a pair of trousers with no shirt. He was much more comfortable sleeping with no clothing but I told him that was not an option. 

My stomach has been growling for the past ten or so minutes. I am currently waiting for Timber to bring our breakfast up. Ophelia said she would have a spread of fruits and cheese for us, along with more bread. I have never felt so excited in all of my life for such meal as I have spent the majority of it having large spreads with a variation of different foods. But the simplicity of it all was a nice break for the life I am accustom to.

I pull the curtain away from our window to look out it. I automatically shiver as I watch the snow come down hard. It is so much and so thick I can hardly see out of it. I had never seen this much snow in my entire life. Being a creature of the Sky Realm, the only thing I have ever seen come down from the sky this hard is rain.

I hear the door open, revealing Timber with a large tray. He brings it directly to the table and sets it down. "Food smells good." I state as I walk over and pull out a chair to sit in.

"Indeed it does and I feel like I could eat an entire horse." I chuckle at his words as I snatch an apple slice and a piece of cheese. The moment the food enters my mouth I let out a satisfied hum.

"It is snowing like mad outside." That only makes him smile. "Why are you grinning like that? I did not realize you liked the snow so much."

"I do not mind the snow but it is just that with the snow coming down so hard I doubt there will be anyone searching for us here. Even if they were searching they would have to stop and seek shelter through something like this. There is no way anyone from the Sky Realm would attempt it and as far as the Land Realm goes I highly doubt it. Seeing through this is extremely hard and the horse tracks, as well as our scent, is surely covered up completely."

"Really?" I question, thinking how that would make it extremely hard to find us.

"Yes, really." He reaches out and grabs ahold of my hand. "I think we are very safe for now, Pere. As long as the snow is coming down like that no one will want to travel in the Mountain Realm, especially a creature who is not familiar with it. It is too dangerous."

"It does not look like it is going to let up soon." I finally feel a wave of relaxation flow through me thinking how Timber is right. We will probably be able to stay here uninterrupted for a good while. It might be a much more simpler lifestyle than what I am used to but it is nice. As long as I am with Timber I know everything will be alright.