45. Heat of the Moment

I look from the sky back to the lodge before taking the steps two at a time

I look from the sky back to the lodge before taking the steps two at a time. When I open the door my senses are slammed with everything Pere. I do not need to call out her name to know where she is.

I climb the stairs that lead up to a hallway and pause before I find the door where I know she awaits me on the other side. Once I open it Pere freezes with her back toward me. "Timber?" Her voice is barely more than a whisper.

"I am here, Pere." She does not turn around to face me. She just stays stiff as a board.

"Where is Raven?"

"He flew back to the castle to be with the boys." Our children that we made together. I feel a pull in the pit of my abdomen. Mate. She reaches out and clutches the frame of the wooden bed. "He left us together."

"Why in all of the realms would he do that?" Her voice sounds incredulous. "I can assure the last thing he wants is for you and I to do—" Her grip tightens on the frame so hard I think she might break it. "How do the women of your realm tolerate this?"

"After they are marked by their mate—" A shiver of want runs through me. I swallow hard before continuing. "It is usually not an issue unless the male and female are away from each other. Because when they are with each other they give into the heat. They mate." I grip my hands into tight fists because every time I hear or say the word it makes blood rush to a specific area of my body.

She finally turns toward me and just the sight of her all wanton, needy for me, has me wanting to strip her and myself bare. I walk up to her, her pupils dilating with every step I take. When I reach out to touch her beautiful face she does not pull away. She leans into the hand that is palming her cheek affectionately.

"I have missed you so, Timber." I feel a growl of a noise rumble out of me at the words.  She turns her face and kisses my palm before she licks my forefinger. She brings the digit in her mouth before biting down on it.

  Naughty girl.

"Pere—" Her eyes flash up to mine as she continues to work my finger in her mouth. "If you do not want me to do unspeakable things to you then you are going to have to stop. I do not think you understand what is going on between us."

She pops her mouth off of my finger saying, "oh I know exactly what is going on between us. I have known for the last two days. I have been tortured with want. All I have wanted is you. I could not be with Raven. My body rejected him when he tried to satisfy me. I felt like the most horrible creature in all of the realms."

"It is not your fault, Pere. It is the bond between us. The only thing that will satisfy the need in you is me. Being closer to me is already making it a bit easier, yes?" The dark glint in her eyes says that yes, it may be easier but it is also making certain things much harder. Certain lewd activities are inevitable.