15. How it Should Be

After I feel her body go limp I remove my mouth from her neck

After I feel her body go limp I remove my mouth from her neck. I did not expect this to be her reaction to my mark at all. She is not of my kind and our bitten claim is not supposed to have any effect on others who are not of our kind. But her body had been so overwhelmed by my mark she had fainted.

I feel a satisfied grin overtake my features as I study her sleeping form. I lean forward and place a kiss on the mark. It would be there for life now. My own tattoo upon her skin, telling the world that even though she was a Princess of the Sky Realm, her mate is of the Land Realm.

I have never felt so close to my soul being complete in my life. I cannot help the satisfied growl that rumbles from my chest as I pull her dress down to cover her intimate area again. When her body started trembling and her mating scent started claiming me I wanted nothing more than to mate with her fully. The mark will do for now and my scent is once again covering her skin.

I lift myself off the bed, feeling an uncomfortable hardness strain against the fabric of my pants. I blow out a breath trying to ease the discomfort that is residing inside of me. My wolf is only partially satiated. It wants me to bury myself inside of her and take her endlessly on the bed, fill her with my seed so that she can have my heirs.

I shake my head, trying to rid the animal inside of me off. My primal desires have nearly taken over with her heady scent in the air. It is practically killing me.

Trying to calm myself down, I head over to the fireplace. I stare at it feeling the burning inside of me slowly subside as I swallow the reality of our situation. My need and urge is to give her my heirs but that will never happen between the two of us. We will never be able to procreate, no matter how badly our bodies wished it.

I lean forward and grab ahold of the mantle feeling something inside of me break a little. As the strongest prince my realm has seen in generations I have always felt more than adequate. As I look over my shoulder, to the fair, beautiful creature on the bed, I feel an utter sense of inadequacy.

She is the sweetest female I have ever met and by far the most physically appealing to me. Everything about her screams desire to me and I do not know why. Why does my instinct tell me to be with her? Why does everything in me say she is the one for me when she is not supposed to be? There is no answer to that and I have known that for quite sometime.

Being friends with Pere was a bit odd but when we had both gotten older it became much odder. Feelings and desires manifested in me that I knew should not be. It took me a long time to start showing Pere that I had begun feeling that way and once I had she started behaving much the same way with me.

The coy smiles she would give me every now and again. The soft caresses of her hand on mine, even sometimes threading her fingers with my own. They were the smallest of gestures but I knew. I knew Pere was the one for me and she felt the same way. And I had never thought much of it when I was able to be with her but when she had almost been taken from me I could not handle it.