26. The Magic of Breaking Bonds

Heavy

Heavy. Aching. Everything feels so heavy.

I slowly blink my eyes open, feeling like there is an immense weight on each of them. I try to remember the last thing that happened to me. I had ran in my wolf form until I had completely exhausted myself and then shifted back. When I had shifted back there was a voice.

Sir Gregory.

He had picked me up and then so had someone else. Then they had brought me to my room; the room I had mated with Pere in. I blink a few more times remembering the rag that had been placed over my mouth when I had started to fight.

They had drugged me.

With all grogginess forgotten I go to sit up angrily but am held back by bounds wrapped around my ankles and wrists. I shake my head vigorously trying to clear my vision of the haze it still has. I can just make out the chanting of a woman's voice but I cannot get a clear visual.

"What is happening to me?" I growl out ferociously. "Gregory! Rocco!" Their names leave my lips in a feral snarl. When I get no response from either of them I tear at the ties that bind me viciously. "Release me!"

I am nearly about to shift when there is a snap of someone's fingers in front of my face. It clears my vision automatically and I begin to see the room as the chanting gets louder. My father's face becomes clear in front of me and I shake my head, thinking I must be seeing things now. There is no way my father had traveled all the way up here, to the North.

"Father?" I blink rapidity now, knowing my vision must be deceiving me.

"I am sorry, boy, but you have left me no choice." Boy. I'll show him just how much of a boy I am. When I go to shift I cannot though, my power to do so is being suppressed. It is like there is a wall between my wolf and I. I find the source of the chanting, it is coming from my father's witch in the corner of the room.

"Let me go." I grit out the words angrily, jerking at my restraints. "Release me. Now."

"Not before we break the bond you have created with that sky rat." His words make me snarl again. I try to shift again but cannot. "You cannot shift, no matter how hard you try. She is keeping you from doing so. Your wolf is dormant."

I eye the witch and venomously spit out, "if you do anything the will harm Pere or I, the bond between us, I promise you that when I am king I will hunt you down and slaughter you. You and everyone you know. Your entire coven will be nothing but blood on the tip of my sword." The witches glowing eyes hold mine as she continues chanting, showing no sign of emotion. "I promise you it, witch, and make it a solemn vow to you right now. You are engrained in my brain and whatever spell you are casting on me will be used to find you." She does not falter in her incantation but I can tell she heard the words from the slight dip in her tone.

"That is enough, Timber." My father's voice booms. "You will do nothing of the sort. She is just helping our realm from how you would see it torn apart and desolate. You would have us be extinct just from a subtle itch of your cock." A laugh leaves my lips because there is no magic, even if he wished it, that can break a mating bond. "You will not be laughing soon, boy, neither will the one you claimed and mated as your own." Another snarl tears itself out of me at his threat.