20. Decisions in the North

The conversation about King Raven had gotten into Timber's head, I was sure of it

The conversation about King Raven had gotten into Timber's head, I was sure of it. His need to bed me for an entire day was proof of that. His strong arm around me now, holding onto me for dear life was also proof. I am barely able to catch my breath as the sweat trickles and drips off of my body. I can feel Timber's essence doing much of the same out of me again.

"I do not think I will ever let you leave this bed." He places kisses all along the back my neck. "I did not hurt you, did I?"

I shake my head no to him. "Or course not. When you mark me I feel whole."

"I do not understand how we were not supposed to be together. You are not supposed to derive pleasure if you are not my kind. This," he caresses his newest mark, "is not supposed to have any affect on you at all. I do not care what anyone says from any realm, you were made specifically for me, Pere." His words make me smile.

"As you were for me." I lace my fingers with his after his arm wraps around me again. "What shall we do for the rest of the day?"

"I do not think there is any day left." He chuckles into my ear. "I think we have put in a good days work though. Shall I go down and get us something to eat?"

"Mmm, yes, I am starving." My stomach pangs with hunger just at the thought. "Hungry and so thirsty."

"Than I shall get my queen something to eat and drink." I feel him peck one more kiss against me before leaving the bed. He gets changed quickly and then heads out of the room.

I stand up, stretching my aching body and as I do I feel more of the warm liquid trickle down my thigh. I walk over to the bowl of water and reach in to grab the wet cloth out of it. It has been used several times already and before we go to bed this evening I would like a fresh bowl of warm water that I can rinse my skin with. I cannot imagine I smell all too appealing right now.

Walking over to my discarded garments I pick up my nightgown and toss it over my head. Every stretch makes my body ache more, especially the place in between my legs. The fire is still bright and delivering an endless amount of warmth to the room. I go to stand in front of it with my hands outstretched.

I hum to myself feeling the happiest I have felt in a while. That soon falters when I hear a loud bang accompanied by an even louder growl from downstairs. I quickly run over and throw a robe around me. I open the door and make my way down the stairs as fast as I possibly can.

When I reach the bottom of them I freeze. King Raven is at the inn's entrance and Timber is standing across from him eyeing him down menacingly. The kings eyes flicker to me and I can see his pure furiousness. I cower away from it. Timber is at my side in an instant, standing in front of me protectively.

There is not a word said for what seems like an eternity even though it has only been seconds. King Raven eventually breaks the silence with a grim look saying, "what have the two of you done?"