𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

T H I R D P E R S O N ' S P O V

" That distressing experience happened when they played in inter-high. They beat two teams that day. And the next day, they're up against [school/n]. For a middle school play match, it was intense, especially that my tactical son was up against the best spiker or ace in middle school." She paused for a bit to take a sip. It's her favorite so she can't help but taste the tea every now and then.

" Middle school's best spiker . . ." Kageyama muttered, his fingers tapping his chin while in deep thoughts. He jerked up when the person came in his mind, " Best spiker in middle . . then he's . ."

Shontae placed the tea cup on her lap while nodding her head slightly, " Yes. It's Ushijima Wakatoshi."

" He was a powerful wing spiker. I bet he is until now. My son may look frail because of his petite body frame, but he's not weak. He was the one who received Wakatoshi's spikes alongside their libero. The libero was put on bench when he sprained his ankle. And no other player can replace his position other than my son." she yet again paused and took a sip.

" Then, how did Hinata broke his wrist?"

Shontae fell silent for a moment, thinking of what happened that day long ago, " He received Wakatoshi's spike, passing the ball to the setter and my son is the one who will go for a cut shot. It was a perfect toss at the perfect time and position. But things went downhill when Shoyo spiked it. His wrist was not flexible enough. The way his wrist bent was not right. The ligament in his right wrist broke it's job to connect his bones."

" Shoyo knew how to do a cut shot. Actually, he's expert at doing such. But I guess that perfect toss was not made for him at that moment." She added and a soft sigh left her lips, " After that, he never played volleyball again. He wanted to, but I didn't allow him. He almost lost his whole right arm. I can't afford him completely losing it."

" That . . hurts." Kageyama said. He kinda felt the pain in his wrist just by imagining how Shoyo did the cut shot. He moved his fist in circle motion, watching how his wrist bent.

" But I'm not that strict to not allow him to at least watch volleyball matches. He knew watching games can trigger memories. But he's a volleyball addict." she said. She suddenly flinched, which was unnoticed by the raven.

" It's getting late, young boy. Your sister's probably waiting for you there. I gave her her day off." Kageyama placed the tea cup down after one last sip and took his bag with him.

" And young boy," Shontae called, which made the raven head turn to her, " I did tell you the story. But don't mention it to him very often, okay? he barely recovered."

" I won't. Thank you for the tea and have a good night." The raven bowed and went out.

Just the time after hearing the door close, Shoyo came out from hiding behind the wall, " You told him."

" You told me he's bugging you about going to the practice match. Knowing that, he'll stop eventually." she said.

She stood up and went to the ginger head and came up for a hug, placing her hand on top of the ginger's head and resting her chin on it, " I'm sorry."

" It's fine. It's not a secret after all."

the next week. Monday.