⍟ 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽 + 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲 ⍟

cassidy's pov
TW: implied upcoming divorce
(on a brighter note we get wholesome toby + cassidy best friend content 👁👁)

i feel the sunshine coming from my window and let out a sigh. i reach my arms up and stretch, opening my eyes and reaching for my phone. seeing a few notifications from twitter, and some i-message ones as well.

———————————————————————

(***-***-****)
hey it's tommy. tubbo gave me your number.
have you heard from him yet this morning? getting concerned.

toby<3
hey, parents are fighting again. i've got a key, sorry if i wake you up. see you in the morning, love you c.

toby's mother
did toby make it there okay? please let me know, worried sick about him. he left a note saying he'd be back in a few days, please text me asap.

(5) missed facetime calls from "Niki✨💕🌼"

You have (3) new twitter dms from "Wilbur Soot"
—————————————————————
i groan, turning over to see tubbo, but instead finding an empty bed. this had happened a lot over the past few months. toby's parents would start fighting, he'd leave some cryptic note telling his parents he'd be staying at my place for a bit, and everyone would freak out having not heard from him in over 12 hours, since he always said good morning and good night to all of us, no matter what. i sit up, tying my hair as best i coukd into a ponytail with how short it was and walking out of my bedroom. as soon as my door opens i hear the gentle music coming from the kitchen, along with the smell of pancakes, and bacon. i smile, and there's my toby, i think as i walk into the kitchen. he's humming along to Ribs- Lorde and cooking a breakfast for two, i can see he already made coffee, just as sweet as we both like it, i assume.  he flips the pancakes onto the two already stacked full plates. i notice he made eggs too, the way we both liked them. i hear the clattering as he puts the dirty pans into the dishwasher. he turns to walk toward the hallway, meeting my gaze and smiling brightly. i open my arms and he walks into them, wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me close to him. "you've always given the best hugs." he laughs, resting his head on my shoulder for a moment.

"as have you." i joke back, tightening my grip on him. "do you wanna talk about it?" i ask, pulling away from him, my hands still resting in his shoulders.

"no." he says softly, yet sternly. toby had never been the best at expressing his feelings without crying. and he didn't like crying in front of most anyone. so i give him a soft nod, and a concerned smile. "what time did you get here last night? everyone is freaking out and texting me that they're worried about you." i ask, gesturing for him to come to the kitchen island and eat.

"i got here at around 12..? 1 maybe." he admits, pulling out his chair and sitting down beside me. he begins to pour  syrup on his pancakes, "i'm sorry everyone texted you, i forgot my charger at my place and i can't really be bothered to go back." he says, passing the syrup to me and starting on his breakfast. i sigh, picking up the syrup and pouring some on my pancakes. "it's okay. you've gotta stop doing this though T. maybe it's best if you just move in with me?" i offer. his eyes look a bit glazed, and he just nods. "we can talk about it later toby." i say, rubbing his back, "it's okay, think about it though.

-

toby and i finish putting the last of the dishes from the morning into the dishwasher and head back to my bedroom, flopping onto the unmade comforter.

"can we go shopping..?" tubbo mumbles, turning his head toward me and giving me the whiny eyes.
i sigh, sitting up and walking towards my closet. "only because you asked so nicely."
he claps, sitting up immediately and running out of the room, "ILL BE IN THE LIVING ROOM" he yells, shutting the door loudly.

i laugh, picking out a casual outfit, an oversized shirt id found in a second hand place with some mom jeans and my white velcro shoes. i grab my wallet, phone, and charger and give Nessie a quick kiss bye before following toby's lead and meeting him in the living room.

he smiles,"cassie, your hair." he laughs,
i flush, pulling it out of its ponytail and running my hands through it. i grab both of our skateboards. i'd taught tubbo years back so we could skate anywhere we wanted to go instead of navigating the crowded streets in a large death machine. his stayed at my house, so i'd covered it in assorted stickers for him and some honey coloured grip tape. he makes some small talk as we leave the house, locking the door behind us. we push off and begin toward the town.
"where to first?" i ask, looking at toby skating beside me. despite his clumsiness, he's keeping up pretty well, i think, giving him a quick up and down glance.
"hm. how about the farmers market?" he asks, pointing to the array of tents by the bay. i nod, getting a bit closer before hopping off my board and holding it under my arm as i walked. with a bit of struggle toby follows suit, and we walk to the first booth together.
-
in the farmers market he spends most of his time in the honey booth, insisting he has to buy the bee shaped honey pot. sure enough, he leaves the stand with a bee shaped honey pot. we watch as a little girl does a few flips, and we leave a few dollars in her tip bucket.
we find ourselves in a jewelry booth, where an old woman teaches me how to make a small flower choker with tiny beads and insists i keep it for free. she offers that she'd be here every day as long as the farmer's market was open, and she'd love to see me again. we make a few more rounds to some other booths and pick up some sweets, including two raspberry muffins, some cookies, and some sort of "make it yourself" cupcake kits that came with frosting and sprinkles. we finally make it to the last booth, where a young girl is selling organic lip balms and sugar scrubs. i point to the "2 for 5€" deal and pull toby along to get some raspberry lip balm, while he picks out a honey flavoured one. we bring the two to the girl and she smiles, bagging them. when she glances up to hand the bag to us though, she gasps, jumping back in her seat and nearly dropping the small plastic bag.
"you're tubbo!!! and loveyC???" she asks quietly, the anxiety already beginning to swell in her voice. toby and i take pictures with the girl before exchanging hugs and goodbyes. she throws another raspberry product into my bag before i can say no, and insists it's okay, "anything for one of my favorite people" she jokes. "i know raspberry is your favorite.
-
toby and i had settled at the park, the sun was beginning to set, and we sat in the grass, eating our cookies as the water splashed against the walkway. "it's getting quite late" i say, cleaning up our mess and grabbing my skateboard from beside me. "we should go home." i say, and he nods. looking exhausted.
we skate home, coming inside and almost immediately collapsing into my bed. i turn over to plug my phone in and quickly post a picture from the day.
-

lliked by TommyInnitt, Nihachu, WilburSoot, and 5,000 othersc

c.lovette 🌿✨

————————-
Tommyinnitt can't believe you hung out with my best friend without me 💔

Nihachu can't wait to see you two in a week!!

user123517589 how do they dress so... pretty...

-
-
-
-

bit of a long chapter!! to make up for not updating for a day. just kinda a wholesome filler and some tubbo and cassidy content lol anywayz love u bye