𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝘂𝗻

tw fighting ??

tommy knew he fucked up the moment he got home.

i knew as soon as he walked in on all of us sitting on the bathroom floor, and his eyes widened, that he knew i was angry.

i knew as soon as his lips tightened and his body tensed that he knew what he did was wrong.

and i knew as soon as he sighed, that he was ready for me to yell.

and what he didn't know, was i wasn't. i wasn't going to yell. i wasn't going to scream. i wasn't going to call him names.

what i did was much worse.

i take a deep breath, looking up at him. wilburs grip tightens on me.

"you fucked up." i say, loud enough for him to hear. for him to understand. "yknow what tom? i could've fucking died this morning. i could have died tommy. he got into the house tom. where i sleep. he could have killed me. and you would have never fucking known, because you were out with that little girl of yours."

he cuts me off, putting his hand up. "she's not-"

"tommy. don't make me more irritated than i am." i say, rejecting his point. "while i sat here, having a vicious panic attack in front of all my best friends, you were out frolicking with some chick? i needed you tommy. and yknow what? you left. you left without even saying goodbye. not a kiss or a hug was spared for me. yknow who was here for me? not my boyfriend. not he person i've put every bit of trust into. my best friends. wilbur, niki, and toby. you know who's trust has been broken? me." i say, not stuttering for even a moment.

he does something i don't expect. he rolls his eyes. "yknow what cassidy? i have been here every day of the fucking week for you. i have held you at night even when you couldn't get up to shower. even when you cried all night. even when you freaked out over some fucking text and threw up." he says, raising his voice.

i grit my teeth, my body beginning to shake slightly from the anxiety of the confrontation.

"so what you're saying is you held me while i was unloveable? while i was disgusting? that shouldn't change the way you love me. sorry i'm not as skinny as jessie. sorry i'm not "normal" like her. sorry you feel like you have to tiptoe around what you say to me because of my pronouns or whatever, but if you love me that shouldn't change anything." i manage out, my confidence beginning to falter slightly.

tommy's nose flares. what he does next is something i could've never planned.

"yeah cassidy well yknow what? you're fucking tiring. i love you, but i can't even go out with a friend without you having a little panic attack and throwing up everywhere."

my breath hitches, and the room falls quiet.

"fuck you tommy." i say, standing up on shaky legs and pushing past him. i burst into the guest room, with tommy hot on my trail.

he begins apologizing immediately. i ignore him. pulling off my dirty clothes and replacing them with new ones. i pull on my shoes, grabbing my phone and wallet as he still shouts his sorries at me.

i pick up the note, tossing it at him lightly before pushing past him. i give a quick goodbye to the friends still seated in the bathroom, and i run down the stairs. i feel my phone buzz. a text from wilbur.

text me when you need me to come get you.

he knew me too well. i open the front door. i walk out, slamming it. i didn't know where i was going, and i didn't care. i silently thanked myself for grabbing my skateboard and shoving it into wil's trunk before we left, because that's what i used to get away from that place.

i let the board take me in the same direction for 5 minutes, then 10, then 15. i stopped only when i saw a small café.

i hop off my skateboard, picking it up and tucking it under my arm.

i open the door to the café, allowing the smell to wash over me and calm me. i approach the counter. when i am asked what i want i order it.

i wait for a few moments, until i hear my name called, in a strangely familiar, deep voice.

when i approach the counter, i recognize who it is immediately.

"cassidy??"

——

LOL hey 😏😏 updated again just bc yall rlly wanted me to. how we feelin? opinions on this chap??