𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

when we arrived at the diner, the parking lot was empty.

wil began fussing, saying that the diner should be open.

he walks around to my side of the car and opens my door, letting me out before rushing to the door of the diner, i assume so he could open that for me too.

when he does i scoff, giving him a playful glance, "what a gentlemen" i comment,

and he just laughs, bowing down slightly, "my they-dy"

i burst out laughing, giving him a playful smack on the arm as he follows me into the deserted diner. "nice one." i admit, and he smiles triumphantly.

we lead ourselves to a random booth, and wait for a waiter to show up.

wilbur makes some small talk, asking if i still liked the same thing i did years ago, chocolate chip pancakes with hash browns and eggs, and i laugh, agreeing.

wil and i had known eachother for the longest time. not longer than tubbo of course, but damn near that much.

as a waitress wanders to our table and takes our orders, i turn and look out the window. i watch little droplets hit the glass and sigh, turning back to wilbur when the blonde woman was gone.

"do you remember how we met?" i asked, pulling my legs up onto the leather and crossing them over another.

he nods, a small smile spreading over his face.

he begins speaking, his voice smooth and calm.

"i remember, we were super young," he begins.

"i was only eleven" i say, and he nods. "and that made me 16."

i nod, the age gap often slipped my mind. i allow wilburs words to flow through my brain, listening as he told the story of our friendship.

it was so cold that day. like freezing. i'm never cold, and i could barely even leave the house without my jacket. i remember walking home from school that day. i always had younger kids following me. if it wasn't niki, it was you and tubbo. that day niki never showed, so i was walking home alone. if there wouldn't have been construction on my usual route i would've never rounded that corner yknow? anyways, when i rounded that corner i was met with you, and the like four boys you had around you. wilbur laughs for a moment, shaking his head slightly before continuing his recollection. those boys were assholes, cass. absolute wankers. you were backed up against this alleyway wall, with your hands covering your ears. they kept saying things like, "too poor to afford a jacket?" "i bet you live in this alleyway, eh cassidy?". so i walked forward, and i grabbed two of the little fuckers by the hoods of their coats. and they froze. i've never seen someone look that scared of me in my life. they couldn't have been more than 14, but picking on little 11 year old cassidy?? it was ridiculous. i told them to fuck off, and they did, surprisingly. it took me a solid thirty minutes to calm you down. they'd really shaken you up. you wouldn't even look at me for the first 15 minutes, only tell me you were sorry and that it was okay to walk home without me. and i told you no, and i handed you my jacket and beanie, despite all your protest. it was adorable, you were so little, the jacket nearly touched your mid calf. i asked you why your parents didn't pick you up and you got all quiet, and i just dropped it i guess. i decided from that moment forward that i would walk you home everyday. you nearly cried when i grabbed you by the hand and pulled you up. you kept telling me that you were so sorry and that i didn't have to walk you home and that it was your fault. but i just kept insisting that i couldn't walk you home if you didn't lead me there. and so you squeezed my hand super tight and you led me to your house. on the way there we talked a little bit, but it went without saying that we didn't have to if you didn't want to. i remember you still had your issues saying your "r" sound, and so when i told you my name you said "it's nice to meet you wiwlbuew." it was the funniest thing. and when we got to your house, you pulled a key from this random potted plant, and you gave me back my jacket, said thank you. the nicest little kid i'd ever met, the most mature too. you nearly sobbed when i told you i'd be there to get you again tomorrow at 6:30. but you just nodded. you were practically a mini-me after that, you wore that beanie nearly every day, with your long curly hair, the way you used to keep it yknow? where i went you were sure to go. you came to guitar with me even, with protest from my other friends and instructor. remember that one day when you had hero-day for spirit week at your school? and you dressed up as me? that picture of us together is still in my bedroom. framed of course. you'd cut your hair by then, only a bit longer than mine at the time. even if i wanted to get rid of you, i couldn't. watching you grow up was something else, driving down from my apartment every morning to get you, even after i'd graduated,  just became routine, even if it is nearly 40 minutes away. wilbur smiles once more, his head shaking slightly. i knew his story was coming to an end, and i sighed.
everyone always thought it was odd that i befriended the youngins. but even at 11 you shared the same thought process with me with nearly every idea we shared on those walks and drives to your school. you truly were amazing cassie. no wonder you graduated so early.

he sighs, giving me a bright smile as the waitress dropped our food off to us.

"there's not a day i don't regret stealing that beanie from you. yknow it was so you'd have a reason to come back." i admit, putting ketchup on my hash browns.

"i would've come back anyway." he returns, giving me a gentle push under the table before digging into his food as well.

more brotherbur content. this is kinda a filler but i thought it would be nice for y'all to know about their history together :) love u all! my flights went well! i'm in north carolina safely!! the photo for this chapter is one i took of atlanta on the plane :D ! thank you all for the kind words, and i hope you enjoyed this chapter!