❁Enslaved - Special chapter❁

This is the special chapter I promised you guys! I just wanna say thank you for all the reads! Like we're already at 1k... That's HUGE!

So this is Kenma's backstory. I did rush the ending so I'm sorry about that. Enjoy!

-J

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Slaves had always been a popular thing in the kingdom of devils. Trading, bidding and selling captured angels. It had started in the great war fought between the two kingdoms that angels started to sneak into the opposition's territory and gather intel. To find a way to rid of these spies, the king of devils at the time passed a law, making it legal to catch any unwanted angels that passed into their lands and sell or trade them off.

With the ending of the war and the lack of angels flying into their lands, the old law was now forgotten. That was until one devil thought of it.

Small towns had been located on the border between no man's lands and the angel's territory. Thus meaning that devils could fly in and wait at the border for unfortunate creatures to waddle into no man's land. The devils could then snatch them and take them off back to their kingdom, all while still being completely legal.

That is just the summed up version of how slavery became a thing in the kingdom of devils.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Growing up in a normal home had always been a dream to Kenma. The calico angel had been born in captivity and ever since he could remember, the angel had been working, serving the devil's that had paid good money for him.

His parents were out of the picture. When Kenma was around five years old, they had both attempted to escape, leaving their son behind. From what he was told, his parents had been caught and killed on the spot. The calico angel felt guilty that this didn't phase him. He had seen death come to other slaves, even other devils, the only difference was that these angels had raised him. All Kenma could say was that now the immense feeling of loneliness started to pile up, always threatening to fall...

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

It was only a few months after his parents had been slaughtered that the calico angel was sold off. His previous owner had been tame and fair in comparison to the devil who had control over him now.

Kenma had been sold off to the current king. King Acronan. He had secured his power over the throne by killing his father who was very old at the time, in his sleep. Money wasn't a problem for him as he had secured a firm hold of the nations most wealthy banks.

Kenma being a calico angel, meant that he was worth a lot more with the rare pattern that adorned his wings. The king had been eager to gain a rare and mysterious angel to add to his sale collection, so quickly snatched him up at the first chance he had.

Jobs were tortuous and days were long. Kenma thought about running away multiple times but the memories of his parents kept flashing back on him. Nights were spent with light tears rolling down his face as he silently cried himself to sleep each night. It was only when he was made as to the king's assistant did things really start getting worse. His days were spent trying to avoid being touched by the slimy hands of king Acronan. When he was caught, all he could do was plead and say he had a wife.

It was only when the royal couple had a son, did his life change. Not only did the touching stop, but more guards were also bought in. one particular one with black rooster hair caught the attention of Kenma. More like Kenma caught the eye of the guard.