Chapter 17

"I just imagined what the vase looked like when it was whole. Then I tried really hard to put it together." he answered while squeezing his eyes shut like he was concentrating. Harry nodded and patted his head.

"Good job D. That is a very big accomplishment. Daddy will be very proud of you." Harry said making Dakota's eyes light up. He smiled and jumped into Harry's arms swinging himself around. Harry giggled while Bill, Molly, and Charlie returned from the kitchen. Harry set Dakota down and he ran to Bill.

"Daddy! I fixed the vase because I tried very hard like you said." Dakota told Bill while smiling. Bill smiled at him and then looked up at everyone confused.

"He used magic. The vase shattered then he put it back together and set it on the table." Ron said while Bill's eyes went wide. After explaining in more detail Bill smiled down at Dakota.

"Wow buddy. I am very proud of you. Also guess what Grandma said? We can stay here!" Bill said while picking Dakota up and smiling at him. Dakota squealed and put his arms out like he was flying. Molly giggled before heading over towards the door and putting her shoes on.

"Where you heading, Mum?" Charlie asked while raising an eyebrow at Molly. She simply put her coat, scarf, hat, and tattered gloves on.

"I'm going out to shovel off the porch and get some salt". Charlie nodded while Dakota squealed and ran over to Molly.

"Can I go too Grandma. I want to play in the snow." he said while bouncing up and down. Molly looked at Bill who then nodded in agreement. She looked back down at Dakota and pat his head. She then grabbed his coat, hat, gloves, snow pants, and scarf.

She had him put on his coat and snow pants. She then helped with the remaining items and helped put on his boots. Within seconds he was out the door. Molly chuckled and waved us all good bye before stepping out of the house.

"So what were you guys talking about?" Draco asked from on the couch.

"The ministry is going to go through Fleur's memory to see if she really was abusing Dakota. The reason I even asked Dakota was because I've never seen him look anything but scared and nervous around her. I've always thought that it was because she was a stern mom, but when he started flinching around her just recently I started to realize that something bigger might be happening." Bill said turning to us.

He sat down next to Ron and put his face in his hands. Ron gave him a side hug and put Bill's head on his shoulder.

"It's going to be ok now. You have all of us now." Ron said while rubbing his back. He looked up at all of us and smiled appreciatively. He then slowly stood up and brushed off his clothes.

"I'm gonna go to the Ministry and file for a divorce. It shouldn't take too long, but in case I'm there for awhile can you guys all make sure Dakota stays safe?" Bill says while walking to the kitchen. Everyone says yes or nods as he walks to the sink and washes his face off. Fred and George both walk over to him and turn him so he's facing them. Fred works on his hair and tries to pat it back down. George tries to straighten his clothing out and smooth out any noticeable creases.

"Thanks guys." Bill smiles at them and pulls them both into a hug. He then pulls away and starts to head to the fireplace. After a crackle and a shout he was gone.

We all just sat in silence for awhile until Draco and Harry excused themselves. They went upstairs to put there luggage away.

"We're gonna go upstairs too..." George said after coming back from talking with Fred and Conner.

They head for the stairs and Charlie follows right behind them.

I look at Ron and pull on his sleeve hoping to get his attention. He looks at me but then looks straight again. I pout and pull on his sleeve a little harder. He shoos me away with his hand and stands up. He starts pacing back and forth muttering to himself.

I know he's busy but I can't help thinking I did something wrong. I mentally smack myself and shake my head. He just needs some time to think.

I wait for awhile until he sits again. I can tell he's stressed so I try to snuggle up to his side. As soon as I do though he just lets out a grunt and turns away.

I stand up and speed walk to the stairs as I feel tears come to my eyes. Merlin, I'm a wimp. Once I get out of view from the living room I start running up the stairs. When I make it to our room I get inside and close the door. I go to lock it on instinct but then remember that Ron might come up later.

I sit down on the bed and that's when my tears decide to spill out. I scowl at myself as I walk to the bathroom. This time I physically slap myself earning a yelp from my mouth and a red mark on my cheek. As soon as I'm about to turn on the shower there's a knock on the door. I quickly wipe my tears away and walk to the door. I put on a smile and open the door.

I'm met with a worried Conner. I smile at him and motion for him to come inside. I leave the door open and walk to my bed motioning for him to sit next to me. We sit in silence for awhile until he looks over at me and speaks up.

"I seen what happened in the living room. It's not your fault, you know? Also you shouldn't hurt yourself because of it." he said with a reassuring pat on the back and a motion to the red mark on my cheek. I nod my head but still feel tears streaming down my face. I curse at my weakness and look over to see Conner giving me a sympathetic look that makes me want to cry even more.

"I j-just feel like I always do s-something wrong." I blurt out while burying my face in my hands. Conner slowly wraps his arms around me and I start crying in his shoulder. He starts rubbing my back for awhile till I calm down.

"Everyone is just a little stressed. It's not your fault". I nodded at him and yawned. I then blushed at my absurd mood swings. He chuckled and helped me up. I walked over to the bed and got in the sheets.

"Can we do something till I fall asleep?" I ask as he starts walking to the door. He nods and comes to sit back down. He sits next to me on the sheets and starts talking about random things. I remember laughing before shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Totally oblivious to the fact that I didn't lock the door.