Chapter 44

9:34 am- January 30th- Saturday- Draco's POV
Italic & Underlined = Leon

I am currently with the weasel trying to track down Parkinson and Granger. Ron and I decided after breakfast we would try to talk to Parkinson once and for all. We didn't want Blaise and Harry to come because for all we know she was the one who sent the spell in the first place.

It ended up working out though because now they have Conner to hang out with. The twins left this morning before anyone got up, but all three ended up sleeping on the couch. Conner still doesn't want to go back alone so he's staying with us at the RoR.

"Oi, ferret. Wake up." Ron said as he flicked my forehead. I turned to him ready to start fighting, but saw that he was pointing towards the library.

"What's in there?" I asked. He put a finger up to his mouth and motioned next to the door.

"Shh". I nodded my head and quietly followed him inside. He lead me to the back and stopped behind a very thick bookshelf.

"Ok, I just seen Parkinson and Granger walk this way. If we whisper they shouldn't be able to hear us. I think they're on the other side of this bookshelf. Let's listen for a bit if they don't do anything suspicious then we can go ask questions." Ron whispered while putting his ear up to the bookshelf. I silently nodded and copied his action. Sure enough their were two girl voices.

"Ok I think it's been long enough, they shouldn't be suspicious anymore. We need another plan because the first one obviously didn't work." Granger snapped at the other girl.

"Well, Granger maybe if your aim was better you would've actually hit Potter instead of Reed." Parkinson snapped back. My eyes went wide and I seen Ron's eyes grow dark. I put a hand on his chest to try and calm him down. He looked up at me and slowly took a few breaths before nodding his thanks. I dropped my hand and motioned to keep listening so we did.

"Oh so your actually calling him Reed. How pathetic. Are you actually still trying to be friends with him?" Granger questioned. I heard Parkinson chuckle.

"Merlin, no. When I get Draco to date me Blaise is going to cling to him like the prat he is so I need to get used to the stupid name." she snickered. I felt my anger rise up as I balled my hands in a fist. I seen Ron close his eyes and continued to take deep breaths like he did before.

"Whatever as long as he doesn't cling to Ron then I'm fine with your little plan. Now back on topic what's are next plan?" Granger asked. There was a moment of silence before someone spoke up.

"What if we get Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini involved?" Parkinson spoke. I started getting nervous at this point. Why would they want to work with Lucius? Do they know what he's capable of?

"Excuse me, but you two are being very loud. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole library heard you." a male voice said from farther down the aisle. Both girls made audible noises of panic while there were footsteps going towards their voices.

"What do you want you nosy Hufflepuff." Parkinson snapped.

"I just wanted to know your plan. I myself have taken a disliking to those 4 prats in 6th year, and of course their 7th year buddy." the male said with a calm voice.

This peaked my interest as he started talking about Conner. Why didn't he like Conner, he's so sweet!

"It's not fair that he got to have the perfect love life! I want him to suffer in loneliness." the unknown voice said with a rising emotion of anger. Both girls started chuckling and I heard him give a confused noise.

"Ok, you can help, but what's your name? We don't even know you?" Parkinson asked.

"Right, I'm Kenneth Mango." the boy said.

"Mango?" Parkinson questioned with obvious disgust. He gave a sigh and I'm assuming nodded his head.

"Alright your in. Now I need to get to the RoR so I can talk to Ron. I haven't seen him in forever." Granger said with a dreamy voice. Ron's eyes went wide and he motioned for the library door. I nodded my head as we tip toed away.

Once we got outside the door we both started running towards our room. We got inside and locked the door. We both bent done with our hands on our knees out of breath.

Once I got composed I looked up and seen 3 very confused pair of eyes on us.

"Are you guys ok?" Conner asked from the couch. I nodded my head while Ron sent a thumbs up.

"It was Parkinson and Granger. They planned it." I said moving over to sit next to Harry. Ron came and stood beside the couch still trying to catch his breath.

"Are you sure? How do you know?" Blaise asked.

"Me and Draco followed them into the library and they went into a secluded corner. They started talking about how Granger's spell failed and a new plan and then some Hufflepuff joined them." Ron answered.

"So they've been faking this whole time? Why?" Harry asked angrily. I put my hand on his thigh and started rubbing his thigh.

"Parkinson still thinks she has a chance with me. Granger still wants Ron. The Hufflepuff, I think his name was Kenneth Mango, has beef with Conner for some reason." I replied. Conner gasped and I looked past Harry and seen him look down.

"That's who said those mean things to me last night." he sighed. Blaise put a hand on his back and brought him into a side hug.

"Did they say what their plan was?" Blaise asked.

"They said something about calling Lucius and Mr. Zabini." I said annoyed. Blaise looked up at that and gave a confused look.

"Do they know how dangerous those two are?" Blaise asked in confusion. I shrugged and rubbed my temples. Just then there was a knock on the loud door.

"Shit, I forgot Granger was coming." Ron said with a scared look.

"I don't want to deal with her." he said with tired eyes. He then stretched his arms and slowly walked to the door unlocking it. He opened it and was met with two bickering adults and one very annoyed one.

"Yes, I've been here several times I know where they are staying." Sev said in his usual snappy voice.

"Then what's taking so long." Sirius said snapping right back. There was then a long sigh as Remus came through the door with his arms crossed.

"Padfoot, if you would stop bickering with Severus then you would see that Ron already opened the door." he said sitting on one of the empty couches.

"How are you lot?" Remus asked looking towards the remaining two couches. There were a bunch of mumbles and groans which seemed to confuse him.

"Well we just heard some... unfortunate news, but how are you, Remus?" Harry asked sitting up straight.
"Just came for a visit and met up with Severus. They've been on and off this whole time." he said pointing at the two adults who had just sat down next to him.

"What bad news did you get?" Remus asked.

"Granger and Parkinson are the ones who tried to attack Harry." Ron said rubbing his eyes. That's when everything seemed to dawn on me.

They tried to kill my child. If that would've hit him then OUR child would be gone. That would've broke Harry. He's been through enough trauma. I balled my hand in a fist and clenched my jaw.

"Are you serious!?" Sev yelled while standing up. Sirius pulled him back down and rolled his eyes.

"Calm down Snivellus." Sirius said calmly.

"What do you mean?" Sirius asked stepping into a serious mindset.

"They fucking tried to kill our child!" I yelled getting frustrated. I buried my hands into my face trying not to blow up.

The three adults looked taken back before there was a knock on the door and a loud voice.

"Ron! Harry! It's Hermione!" she yelled. I growled and stood up marching over to the door. Several people stood up to grab me but I was too angry to stop. I was about to open the door and Crucio her to hell but a small body slipped in front of mine blocking the door.