Part 23

So an update on my life in the Gilmore world, mom got a dog named Paul Anka and we are renovating the house so mom can have a bigger bedroom for when Luke moves in. Paul Anka seems to like me as much as mom so that's good. I walk down the stairs and sit next to mom, "hey mom, grandpa kind of invited me to have lunch with him and grandma. I can say no if you want me to." She shakes her head, "no, go and see them. I may not like them right now but that doesn't mean you can't. So will Rory be there?" I shake my head, "nope. She has community service today I think. If she was I wouldn't go." Mom kisses my head as she get's up, "well have fun. I gotta go, but I'll see you at Luke's for dinner?" I nod, "yep, love you mom." "Love you too. Come on Paul Anka."

Once she left I went upstairs and got ready for lunch. (Outfit above.) I get in my car and drive to a little café in Hartford. I go in and see them already there at a table for three. When they see me they get up and I give them both a hug, "hey grandma, grandpa." We sit down and a waitress comes over, "can I get you anything." I nod, "can I have a coffee." She nods and then soon comes back and pours me some coffee. Grandpa then asks, "how have you been? You still doing music?" I shrug, "a little. I still write but Noah isn't here this summer so I haven't recorded anything new." Grandma then smiles, "your sister says to say hi."

I nod, "right back at her." Grandpa sighs, "I was wondering why you didn't come to the hearing." Grandma glares at him, "Richard! I thought we agreed not to talk about this." I shake my head, "no, it's fine grandma. I didn't come because I had work." Grandpa then says, "I'm sure you could have taken the morning off." I scoff slightly, "I could have yes, but I didn't want to. I knew she wouldn't get anything serious." Before grandpa can speak grandma changes the subject, "and how's Logan? You two still together?" I nod, "and better then ever." Grandma looks at the ring on my hand, "and what's this?"

I smile, "you really haven't seen me in awhile. He got it for our one year anniversary. It's a promise ring." Grandma holds my hand to look at it, "My, it is gorgeous. Logan has amazing taste I can tell you that." I laugh, "I think his sister helped a little." Grandpa then says, "so the two of you are serious now?" I nod, "have been for awhile grandpa." Grandma smiles, "oh, just have to have you two round for dinner again. Just the five of us." I frown, "I'm not too sure we can anytime soon grandma. So how's the DAR?" Grandma smiles, "excellently, you know Rory is joining and taking a job there. She is going to do so well don't you think?" My eyes widen in shock before I say, "I'm she will, look I actually have to go but thanks for the coffee." I get up and give them hugs bye before leaving.

When I got home my jaw dropped and I opened the door to see mom, "mom? Are you aware of the hole in the front of the house. Right where your bedroom is?" She sighs, "Luke said okay to TJ being the contractor. We'll be fine, but just in case I think you should ask Noah's mom if you can move in their until it's done." I nod, "I'll pack a bag." She then yells up, "after we'll go to Luke's!" I yell back down, "yes, I am starved!"

Aft packing a bag and asking Holly if I could stay and dropping off my bag we went to Luke's. He walks over and gives us coffee as soon as we sit down and mom says, "now would you look at that, my fiancé loves me so much I don't even need to ask for coffee." Luke rolls his eyes, "oh, God. I'll get you your burger and fries." He leaves and mom then asks, "so how was lunch?" I then say, "well it started off good. Grandpa asked how I was and if I was still doing my music. Then grandma mentioned that Rory said hi, that lead to grandpa asking why I didn't show up to court, thankfully grandma changed the subject after I said I had work. She gushed over the promise ring Logan got me and said we just had to have dinner the five of us." Mom gasps, "subtle, so what did you say?"

"I said I don't think we can, and asked about the DAR. Did you know Rory joined the DAR, I mean I was in shock so I excused myself and left." Mom just looks at me wide eyed, "they've already brainwashed her. Why am I even surprised?" I shrug, "I though the same thing."

A/N: I know not much has happened in these parts I just really don't like this season and I'm not sure how to fit Chris in. If you have any ideas please do comment them down.

Xoxo Maddie.