Part 31

So an update in my life is, Rory and mom made up and she's back, and me and Rory are yet to make up and I can tell mom doesn't like that but she's decided to stay out of it and I am thankful for that. The semester has come to an end and mom totally gets the fact I will not be eating with them this thanksgiving but with Logan and his family for the first time.

However before thanksgiving I got a call from my dad about some good news he wanted to share with me in person. We met at a small café and I sit at his table, "hey kid, I already called your mom and met up with her and she's telling Rory and I wanted to tell you. I didn't want to tell you over the phone so I could see your face." I laugh, "well come on dad, tell me." He pauses before he says, "I'm rich. You see my grandfather died and he liked me so he left me his money and... I'm rich." I smile, "dad that's amazing, I'm really happy for you." He nods, "yeah it great, I already set GG up all the way from preschool to a second wedding, and I offered some to your mom and she's telling Rory now I want to do the same to you. I could buy a sports car, or a castle the sky's the limit here kid."

I shake my head, "dad, I don't want anything from you." He sighs, "how about I give you money to invest in your fashion future like my dad did. Let me do something for you to make up for not being there when I should have been." I take his hand in mine and say, "dad, I don't want you do give me money just your time and you're already doing that. You gave me the best thing in the world already, my dad back in my life." He smiles, "you have no idea what that means to hear you say that Chris. Look how about I invest some money, let do this please." I sigh, "fine, but only once it's started." He nods, "deal, now let's order. I'm paying."

It was now thanksgiving and before I went to Logan's I joined mom, and Rory and went back to the café to meet up with dad. (Outfit above.) When we got there dad gave me a hug, "well don't you look fancy. Don't tell me this is for me." I laugh, "as much as I love you dad, I actually have dinner with the Huntzbergers later. Gotta look my best for that." He nods and then turns to Rory, "oh, I've missed you. Have you grown? She's grown." Mom shrugs and says as we sit down, "only in my estimation." Dad then says, "I cannot tell you how jazzed I am to see you on thanksgiving. We have never seen each other on thanksgiving." I laugh, "jazzed?" He sighs, "I get it I'm old." I just smirk and mom asks, "is that true?" Rory nods, "I think so." Dad then says, "I know so. So what's this about?" I shrug, "I just wanted to see you at thanksgiving this year so I tagged along." Turns out Rory wanted dad to pay for Yale with his money offer. I guess she is really done with grandma and grandpa.

After she told dad she left and I stood up, "I should go to. Don't want to be late to the party, they would hold it against me forever." Dad laughs and gives me a hug, "well I expect to hear all about it next week." I nod, "yeah, I'll call you. I'll see you later mom, tell Rory bye from me I guess." Mom then says before I leave, "wait. When is that photoshoot for the article." I shrug, "soon I think. They moved it to Boston, that reminds me, dad is it okay if I come round and stay after." He nods, "of course sweetie I will see you then." I nod and then grab my coat and leave.

I was now at the Huntzberger's with Logan and Honor walks up to me, "oh it's wonderful to see you C, now this imbecile here tells me your sister and him broke up." I look beside her and see Ryan, "what? Since when she never told me. Oh well, Logan 20 dollars." He shakes his head, "no, that we did not bet on because if we did I would be on the other side of it." I sigh, "then who did I do it with. It was at my grandparents vow renewal, wait no I betted with myself. Dang it." They all laugh and then Shira walks over, "you guys having fun? Dinner should be starting soon." I nod, "I'm sure it will be delicious as normal." She smiles, "why thank you Christina. If you would excuse me I should go and check on it."

They all look at me funny, "what? Do I have something on my face." Ryan shakes his head, "no, but what was that. I have never seen you that nice to someone when you don't have a hidden motive." I pout, "that is so not true, I am a very nice mannered person." Logan laughs, "as much as I love you that is not true." I huff, "If you must know this is the first event of your families I am going to and I don't want to come across and common and ill-mannered. If people at this party see that and talk about that your parents will never let me see you again. Now if you'll excuse me I need a drink." Honor nods, "and I need a smoke." We both walk off and Logan follows behind me and says, "oh, yes because drunk Queeny makes such a good impression." I throw him a look, "one glass is not going to get me drunk thank you very much."

The dinner was perfect and everyone at the party seemed to like me and said I was the perfect match for Logan. They talked about how they could picture the wedding now. Truth be told if he did ask me to marry him right this minute I would say yes.

A/N: Okay so that event I sort of hate myself for making happen, well it's the next part so I can't see what you think of it tomorrow. So I hope you enjoyed this part because you might not the next one.

Xoxo Maddie.