9.THE PRESENT

I was feeling different in his arms. Never I allowed any of my friends to hug me as I feel uncomfortable but here I'm not objecting but why???
Then came a voice Sana. I was shocked who could it be. I hope this isn't Krish as it will be so much for me to explain him if he sees Sidharth hugging me when I told him that we aren't even Friends. Sidharth left me when he heard the voice and I looked deep in his eyes that wanted to convey me something but I didn't wanted to get lost in them so I turned back to see who has called me. I wasn't supposing her to be here as she herself was busy with her own matters.
Sana: Shanaya?
S: What were u just doing?
Sid: Who r u to question that?
S: Excuse me. U r no one to interfere between us.
Sid: Miss whoever you are let me tell you it was u who came here and maybe between us too not me.
He said it very sarcastically and I sensed Shanaya to get irritated so before this could get worse I interfered
Sana: Stop it guys and Sidharth she is my best friend Shanaya and Shanaya he is....
I stopped as I realised we weren't friends till now and I saw him watching me curiously to see how would I introduce him. I don't think after what we just shared there is any formal need for accepting each other as friends.
Sana: Shanaya he is Sidharth my friend so you two atleast talk nicely in front of me..
Shanaya was shocked too as she didn't accepted me to introduce Sidharth as my friend after whatever Krish warned me but said nothing as the situation was not right but Sidharth was happy. I too felt happy seeing him happy.
S: Sana Uncle is finding u and Aunty told me to call you as your phone is not connecting.
Sana: Yeah right. Network issues. Anyways see u Sidharth. Let's go Shanaya.
Sid: Bye Sana. We will talk tomorrow.
I didn't answered back but just passed a smile.
***

I was so lost in reading my own diary that I didn't recognised someone was calling me from past 5 min by knocking on the door.
M: Sana open the door beta.
Then I realised that it's already morning. I didn't slept the whole night and my mom is definitely going to know about the same and will ask the reason for the same too.
M: Sana u r awake right then open the door beta.
Sana: Just a minute mom.
I quickly washed my face and wiped it clean so that I could look fresh and opened the door.
Sana: Morning Mom.
While entering the room mom asked
M: Morning Sana. What were u doing Sana? Why did you took too much time to open the door?
Sana: Nothing Mom.
I didn't saw in her eyes as I could not answer her coming questions.
M: Look here Sana.
Sana: What happened mom?
M: Don't act smart Sana as u know I can very well see your swollen eyes that tell me u have not slept the whole night.
Sana: How do you get to know everytime?.
M: I'm your mother Sana. I know you don't want to share your sorrows and I won't force you because I'm seeing u r living again happily from few days. I want you to share everything when you feel like it and not because I forced you.
I have waited for years to see a genuine smile on your face and I got it in these few days.
Sana: Mom...
M: Don't say anything Sana. I know you will again change the topic but till when will you avoid me beta?
(( I'm sorry mom. I always disappoint you but may be not from now on. After seeing him yesterday I was on the verge of breaking down but I will not I promise and I will tell you everything very soon))
Sana: Mom it's not like what u r thinking. I was reading something very important and u know I was so lost in it that I didn't remember that it is late and I should sleep.
M: this is not done Sana. U r neglecting your health again and it will affect you badly beta.
Sana: I'm sorry mom and from now on I will try to sleep on time I promise.
M: No trying I want you to be in bed by 11 positively.
Sana: By 12 plz.
I made a small pout with my eyes pleading cutely. I now this will surely help.
M: ok fine but stop making these cute faces.
Sana: Yeah I love you so much Mom.
This comes as another shock for me because in these years I was not only distanced from myself but from my parents too. I saw my Mom's eyes blinking in happiness as she heard these words after years from my mouth and tears threatening to fall but I could not wait for the answer so I said
Sana: Mom plz make black coffee for me I will just come after freshening up.
While I was leaving I heard my Mom saying I love you too Sana and I am happy you r again becoming my Old Sana who was full of life...
(( I don't know Mom if I will be able to get back again but I will definitely try for u and Dad))
After some time when I entered the dining room I saw Mom telling Dad about the morning and happiness was reflecting in her eyes. My Dad was too smiling widely but when they saw me they diverted the conversation so as not to make me feel odd.
Sana: Mom my black coffee plz?
M: here it is.
I took the cup but then whined as I saw it.
Sana: Mom this is not fair. It isn't black coffee. It's called tea Mom.
D: I heard u didn't slept at night Sana so u won't get black coffee for few days as it's affecting your sleep cycle.
Sana: But Dad..
M: He is right Sana.
I sighed my parents are too strict when it comes to my health and I nodded silently.
After breakfast there was a Call from unknown number on my phone so Dad took it for me and I heard him taking my name so I was waiting curiously to find out what is the matter?
D: Sana have u checked your mail?
Sana: no Dad not from past week I guess. But what has actually happened?
D: It was a call from Vogue fashion house.
Sana: Regarding?
D: As your internship is about to end so they want you to visit them once and submit your documents so that it becomes easier after u join the job and were also mentioning some bond u wanna sign or not.
Sana: Oh yes this skipped my mind totally. They were impressed with my grades and design of internship so they want me to sign a 1 year bond with them stating nothing but just that I will not leave the job before 1 year and if i have to then there should be a three months prior notice.
D: So you are gonna sign it?
Sana: I'm confused.
M: My Sanu is confused in her career dreams this is new for us. What say Sachin?
Sana: I'm not confused about the job mom this is the best opportunity one could get but just about the bond as I want to open my own fashion house.
D: So u need experience for that too Sana what's the confusion?
Sana: See Dad if I don't sign the bond I can resign whenever I want and there is no need for me too go Banglore too but if I sign it I need to visit Banglore regularly. I know this is life time opportunity but leaving u guys alone here...
D: Alone here means we are not old that we need to be look after every second. We can manage alone here.
I laughed my heart loud like this is the first time I heard this line but it always made me feel so high of my parents that they can sacrifice their own happiness for me. I know there day doesn't pass when they don't see me once in morning but here they are asking me to leave them for my career. How could they love me so much when even in years I didn't tell them why m I so broken.
My thoughts were broken when Mom called me.
M: Where r u lost Sana? We will be fine here u don't have to compromise your dreams for us. Ur dream to open a fashion house is the only thing that kept u Happy in these years and this is the first step in that, why do you want to loose it.
D: Your mom is right Sana. Now common we need to leave at night for Banglore so that u could sign it tomorrow and u could submit your documents too.
Sana: Your work will suffer Dad if u go with me.
D: Now I will scold you Sana u r my life bacha nothing is more important than u too us.
M: Get up Sana pack your bags and tell me if u need something.
Sana: Thank you.
D: who in the world say thank you to parents Sana.
M: see talking to parents help you feel great and u get solutions too. I hope you understand Sana.
Sana: Mom please not again start that topic. I already said I'm happy.
D: leave it Aaradhika. U get ready Sana.
Sana: Hmm
I left from there not wanting to indulge in my past years again and went to pack my bag.
While packing I saw my diary and I thought that this is the new face of my life and I can't ruin it thinking about my past but anyways I kept the diary in my bag to read it whenever I get time to.
***
D: Aaru don't talk about these years you know she isn't comfortable talking about it.
M: But how long Sachin? It's already 6 years we let it go but I can't now it's breaking me to see her like this.
D: Haven't you noticed the change in her from few days she seems genuinely happy Aaru.
M: But Sachin....
D: No let it be for some more time Aaru. I think this phase of her life will bring us our old Sanu back.
M: I hope so...

.
.
.
..
.

I am sorry for being late was stuck at some work. I will update regularly from now on.
This is going to be a important phase in Shehnaaz life and her past will be revealed gradually with the present.
I hope you like the part.
Plz vote and comment too.