3•|GET TO KNOW|

|CHAPTER THREE|

~Is a one life, you tell me one life
Is a one chance, I tell you one chance
Open your eyes, open your eyes babe
Can you be wise
Cuz I'm your prize baby~

(Song: listen to damages by tems)

~Lily~

It had been a week since school resumed and it had also been a week since Chase Fayeni whom had been the centre of attention and a piece of art for the girls joined the school.

And it was the weekend already, Saturday precisely and while other teenagers were out of their homes hanging out with their friends, having fun, gisting and talking or probably shopping. I was on my bed, in my house, writing in my rap music book.

Weird right?

Well that was my life, I wasn't a normal teenager, I was an outcast. The girl with the scar, the smelling one.

Or so they say!

All my life I just wanted a friend, someone I could talk to and relate with, someone to always stand by me and defend me, someone to tell me everything's okay even though it wasn't, someone that would tell me I looked pretty even though I knew I wasn't, someone to always defend me when I couldn't, someone to sing to and share my songs with, someone to believe in me.

But it was impossible.

"Lily!" The voice of Thelma, our maid and my favorite person snapped me out of my thoughts as she entered into my room with a smile plastered on her black ebony beautiful face, showing a bit of her incisors. Yes auntie Thelma was really beautiful, and she was in her early twenties and also she was a graduate of sociology from the University of Nigeria but due to the lack of jobs in the country she worked as a maid in my house. "Good morning small Nicki." She greeted me as she walked towards my bed.

Well in case you are wondering why she called me small Nicki, well it was because I rapped just like Nick Minaj.

or so I was told.

I smiled at her. "Good morning auntie Thelma." I greeted her back.

She nodded in response. "I just came to tell you that breakfast is ready." She said.

"Okay." I responded. "And what of mum and dad? Are they downstairs yet? And what of blossom? Is he downstairs too?" I asked her all those questions at once.

Blossom, my elder brother was about ten years older than me.

yes, am a rain child.

And he worked in my Dad's company after graduating from the University.

Auntie Thelma smiled at me. "Which questions should I answer first? Well your mum and dad are downstairs already while your elder brother blossom should be downstairs by now because I went to call him before coming over to your room."

"Uh, I will come down now." I told her. "You can go now, thank you."

"Alright." She responded and left my room. I immediately closed my RAP music book and jumped out of my bed. Wore my fluffy pink panther slippers and went downstairs for breakfast.

As I got downstairs I saw my parents already seated at the dining acting all lovey dovey as usual with chuckles escaping their mouth every second, while my brother just typed away on his phone, Oblivious to whatever act our parents were doing.

"Good morning pa, and Good morning ma." I greeted them as I dragged out a chair to sit on.

"My baby girl, how are you?" My mum, Mrs violet Atata greeted me as I stared at her face. Her beautiful face with chubby cheeks on a perfect round head. Well I looked like my mom a lot, I have the same face, eyes, mouth, big breast, chubby cheeks as her but the only difference between I and my mum was that she was fat and I wasn't. Well. . .I used to be fat until I decided that I didn't want to be. Then I started dieting and became thin, too thin that it made my mammary gland look like an odd piece on my chest.