Chapter 1 Epilogue to My Saving Grace

A/N SO THIS CHAPTER IS AT THE END OF MY FIRST BOOK BUT JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T READ IT I WILL INCLUDE IT HERE. MY FIRST BOOK COVERS MITCHS ABUSIVE CHILDHOOD AND HOW MEETING SCOTT HELPS HIM RECOVER FROM CHILDHOOD ABUSE AND BECOME THE MAN HE NOW IS. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU READ IT AS THERE WILL BE SOME FLASHBACKS IN THIS BOOK. IF YOU DONT IT COULD GET PRETTY CONFUSING PRETTY FAST. EITHER WAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING. I INCLUDED A VIDEO OF SCOTT SINGING HALO. I GOT ONE OF MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN A Q&A FROM PENTATONIX AND MY QUESTION WAS IF THEY COULD ONLY SING ONE SONG FOR THE REST OF THEIR CAREERS WHAT WOULD IT BE. SCOTT IMMEDIATELY ANSWERED WITH HALO AND I CAN SEE WHY HE IS AMAZING SO CHECK IT OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.

Epilogue

Scott looked back as he left his mom's house. She was doing so much better and had even started talking to a new man the last few months. It seemed like the last few years had passed in a whirlwind. He graduated high school and decided to go to college. He applied a lot of places but his dream was to go to USC. He wanted to study music. He had always loved music but after meeting Mitch he enjoyed it even more. It was like the boy brought out the best in him in every way. He was so deeply in love with him even after all these years. They had been through too much not to be together. Scott remembered all the hard times they had gone through. He remembers the sleepless nights Mitch had and waking up to him screaming in his dreams. He would hold him close and whisper words of love in his ear until his breathing calmed and he would drift back off into more pleasant thoughts.

It broke his heart when Mitch was hurting. It was like he could feel every ounce of pain that radiated from his handsome boyfriend and he couldn't stand it. Some nights he would lie awake and feel tears sting his eyes as he thought of everything this perfect man had gone through just to be with him. Scott ran his hands through his blonde hair as he entered his orange mustang and made his way back to his home. He and Mitch had decided to get a place together when they made their relationship official and although they were underage their parents agreed it was best and even helped them get the apartment. It wasn't anything fancy but it was great and it was theirs. They could do what they wanted when they wanted without anyone interrupting or telling them no.

Mitch worked at a day camp for theater kids in the summer and Scott sang voice overs for local theaters to help make the money for rent and food. They loved it. They helped each other through high school and applied to all the same colleges. If they made it to USC they were going to pack up their meager belongings and go on this journey together. Scott pulled up in front of their apartment building and pulled out the lilies he had picked up before heading home. He ran up the stairs too eager to wait for the elevator. He had gotten his letter from USC today and he couldn't wait to open it with Mitchie and see their dreams unfold before them.

Scott bolted in the door and slammed it behind him. "Mitchie where are you?????" He said loudly wondering where his boyfriend had disappeared to. He placed the flowers and the large envelope on the table and shrugged off his jacket. After placing it on the coat rack by the door, he wondered through the apartment looking for Mitch. He looked into the kitchen, the living room, and his own bedroom before resting his eyes on Mitch's door. The only thing their moms had asked was they keep separate rooms. Even though they knew the boys were together and they loved that they were so happy, they thought it was best they each had their own space just in case things didn't work out or they just needed some time apart.

Scott rapped on the door to Mitch's room but there was no sound or answer. He tried again but decided to just walk in. Normally they slept there anyway so really it was their shared room. There he found Mitch sleeping like an angel. He looked with aw at his beautiful boyfriend before he looked around the room. He noticed the trash can was littered with used tissues and some were still laying on the bed near Mitch. He saw an open letter sitting on the nightstand and decided to be nosy and see what was upsetting his perfect love. He read it to see that Mitch was denied going to USC. He felt so badly. He had such a big plan for them to go together and now what could he do. He tiptoed out of the room after placing the letter carefully back on the nightstand.

He placed the flowers in a vase they kept in the kitchen and picked up the letter he had received from the college of his choice. It was pretty obvious what the answer was but just in case he knew he should open it. He looked on to see the words he has wished for all his life, "Congratulations Mr. Hoying it is our pleasure to welcome you to the music program at USC." He felt tears run down his cheeks at the happiness knowing his dreams could come true but also that he could never leave Mitch. He tucked the envelope into one of the kitchen drawers and made himself and Mitch an afternoon snack. He took it to the bedroom and woke Mitch up with a kiss on his cheek.

"I saw the letter sweetie don't worry we will get through this." He swept Mitch's messy hair from his eyes. Mitch looked up into the stormy eyes of his long time love and sighed. "Have you heard from them yet? If you get in you have to go. It's your dream and my sh*tty grades have ruined it for us. Please don't let me hold you back. If they accept you, go and life the wonderful life you deserve." Scott huffed and pulled Mitch into his arms. "I would never leave you. Yes I want to go but there are other schools. My dream is to one day walk down the aisle to your beautiful face and say I do for the rest of my life." Mitch smiled and hugged Scott tighter. "I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. You didn't answer me though, did you get a letter yet?" Scott looked down and tried to decide how to answer him. "Mitch......"