01

"Boy, good thing you drew me a picture." The guy says, looking at what Scott has drew for his new tattoo.

Scott smiles at the guy, sitting in the chair as his sleeve of his shirt is up his arm.

Currently, Zoey was standing next to Stiles in a tattoo shop, waiting patiently for Scott.

Zoey thought about getting a tattoo, but she didn't know what to get.

"Hey, Scott," Stiles says and holds up a picture of a creature looking thing, similar to the Kanima. "Sure you don't want something like this?" He asked as Zoey rolled her eyes while Scott looked at him with his shoulders slumped. "Too soon?"

"I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent," Stiles says. "No shit." Zoey says, receiving a glare from him.

"I'm not changing my mind." Scott smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Okay? But, why two bands?" Stiles asks and watches the guy prepare his arm.

"I just like it," Scott shrugs. "Don't you think it's supposed to have a meaning or something?" Zoey asks. "Getting a tattoo means something." Scott said to her.

"I know-" Stiles started but got interrupted by the guy, "He's right. Tattooing goes back hundreds of years. The Tahition word 'tatua' means to, uh, leave a mark. Like a rite of a passage."

"Yeah, see. He gets it." Scott says. "He's covered in tattoos, Scott, literally." Stiles says while Zoey nodded and agreed.

"Ready?" The guy asks Scott. "Yeah." Scott takes a deep breath.

"You don't, you know, have a thing about needles, right?" He asks. "Nope," Scott shook his head, nervousness washing over his face.

"Well, I tend to get a bit squimish." Stiles said as the guy started to do the design on Scott's arm.

"Oh, sh-" Stiles says and falls to the ground.

"Oh my god," Zoey whispers, laughing a bit as she rubs her temple, then bent down to help him up.

"You okay?" Stiles got into his jeep as he held an ice pack to his head, glancing over at his best friend.

"Kinda burns." Scott replied. "Yeah, your skin just got stabbed about one hundred thousand times with a needle," Zoey said, sitting in the back.

"I don't think it's suppose to feel like this." Scott says. "Oh god!" Scott exclaimed and jumped while staring at his arm. "I gotta take this thing off!"

"No, no, Scott, don't," Stiles pleaded and hid his face in between his arms.

Scott takes off the gauze wrap, revealing his two bands fading away. Zoey looked at his arm in disbelief, letting out a breathy laugh.

"Oh, no, no," Scott whispers. "It healed..." Zoey whispers.

"Ah, thank god, I hated it." Stiles said and Zoey let out a chuckle.

Scott glared at the boy, "Sorry." Stiles said and started the jeep.

"We agreed not to communicate this summer. No texts, calls," Scott says as Stiles stops at a red light.

"So, how do you know she won't be back in school, then?" Stiles asked, glancing over at his two best friends.

"After everything that happened, I'm not sure if she's coming back at all." Scott said and Stiles looked past him.

Zoey popped her head between the boys, also looking past Scott. Allison was seen smiling at her best friend, Lydia, also Zoey's sister.

"I think she is." Zoey says a bit loudly so they both can hear her.