Chapter 26

Hoseok continuously taps his foot from the anticipation on the news that displayed on the television they still didn't know what happened if he's ok or what, the manager doesn't say anything and just shooing the press. He's mean at Jong-In in their last meeting at the cafe but it doesn't mean that he didn't care for the latter. He felt guilty for no reason and just wanted make sure if he's on a stable condition.

Yoongi who's watching the younger, frowned. He knows something were building with he and Hoseok's relationship but he has a lot of doubts or we can say fears and he's afraid that one mistake, he'll grow apart from Hoseok and doesn't want to risk that. Never.

He sighs and patted Hoseok's shoulder to stop him from spacing out. Hoseok look at him with confusion.

"If you are that worried, contact his manager." Yoongi suggested.

"Is that ok?" Hoseok asked, now fidgeting on his phone. He search for Mr. Kang's number and found it. "I don't know if i have the rights to ask how he is"

"You're just checking him up, there's nothing wrong with that" Yoongi said. Deep inside he's dying.. he shouldn't feel that now, but he can't help it. It's Kai that we were talking about. Hoseok's ex-boyfriend. The one who's asking Hoseok for a second chance last time and he didn't know what the outcome of that but still he's praying that Hoseok said no.

He's paranoid.

and scared of heartbreak once more.

Yet he's a coward.

Hoseok dialed Mr. Kang's number and after 5 to 6 rings he answered. Hoseok cleared his throat and Yoongi just laid on the sofa watching Hoseok who casually glancing at him from time to time.

"Hello Mr. Kang" Hoseok said.

"Are you calling because of Kai?" The manager said and Hoseok nodded but mentally slapped his self that he's on the phone and just mumbled a small yes. "Don't worry about him, he's on a good condition now and just resting."

"Really?" Hoseok's face lit up and look at Yoongi with a relief and Yoongi just return with a smile. "Thank god. Hope he's doing good."

"Yes he is so don't worry. I'm sorry Mr. Jung but i need to end the call, i need to call someone—"

"It's ok Mr. Kang, thank you very much" Hoseok said.

Mr. Kang ended the call and Hoseok just sigh in relief. "I can now rest in peace" hoseok joked.

"Are you sure you're not into Kai anymore?" Yoongi carefully asked.

Hoseok look at him and nodded. "I'm just worried.. don't worry"

Yoongi nodded. Hoseok knows Yoongi since they build their friendship on highschool so he knows how he thinks and how he overthinking that causes Yoongi to diagnosed with depression in their highschool. He scooted closer to Yoongi and hugs him.

"Why are you so worried?" Hoseok softly asked.

"I don't know.." Yoongi said leaning in Hoseok's embrace.

"I told you, we'll take everything slow..  I don't want to lose you" he put his hand on the top of Yoongi's hand and smiled when the elder intertwined their hands. "I just want to make sure so that we can't lose everything and if the time has come, I won't hesitate to tell you that I love you" Hoseok said slightly blushing.

"Are you doubting yourself? Or you're doubting me?"

Silence filled the living room and it scared Yoongi. 'I shouldn't have asked that!!'

"D-Don't mind what I say.. I'm just blabbering nonsense."

"I'm sorry hyung.. it's just that.. that.." Yoongi panicked when he saw tears coming out from Hoseok's eyes. He immediately wiped them but it's unstoppable.