There is no hockey in England

"So," Skylar said, her arm linked in mine as we walked down the corridor toward the gate to our seats. "Do you know anything about hockey?"

I frowned. "I admit, not much."

She rolled her eyes and rested her head against my arm.

"But, but," I protested as I followed her down the stairs. "I did look online this morning to try and figure out some of the rules."

Skylar laughed and just grabbed my hand to lead me to the seats. "How did that work out for you?"

"Not so well."

The seats were close to the ice. The air was cold and I could smell the ice. The atmosphere was full of excitement and anticipation. I glanced around and saw all the fans wearing their jerseys and team t-shirts.

"Now, the Rangers were one of the original six," Skylar began to explain and dove into a full explanation, in simple terms, of hockey and why she was a fan.

"Your mum? Really?"

Skylar nodded as she called over a server. "She was a huge fan. We used to watch games together all the time." She ordered two beers and she handed the server her credit card. She caught me frown.

"You paid for lunch. I invited you to the game," she protested, leaning forward and kissing my cheek. "You're grinning at me. What are you thinking about?"

I shrugged. "You". Never had I been so forward. Something about Skylar's openness was rubbing off on me.

"That dimple really makes it hard to concentrate on what you're actually saying," she said leaning toward me.

"It's just because I have a wide mouth," I flashed a large embellished smile.

She tossed her head back and laughed. "Oh, I don't mind. I can say that I honestly adore your mouth."

I tried to hide my smile, covering my mouth but Skylar pulled my hand away, leaning forward and kissing me softly. She pulled away only inches from my mouth; her breath tickled my lips.

She cast her eyes down, looking shy for a moment but I couldn't control myself and just pulled her closer, my fingers twisting through her hair. I kissed her, forgetting where I was. My mouth gently pushed open her lips. She tugged me closer to her, inviting me to kiss her deeper. A low groan escaped from the back of her throat, nearly causing me to grab her and pull her onto my lap. Skylar's hands slipped around my neck, our kiss growing deeper and my excitement getting too out of control.

Skylar pulled away before I was ready, and nuzzled against my neck. "Maybe this isn't the best time."

I blinked and just nodded, trying to calm every muscle in my body. "Good thing it's cold in here," I smirked.

The guy with the beer came back and I had to get myself together. I sat up as she handed me a beer and caught the red in her cheeks. I made her blush and was almost proud of having done so.

The game was fast. Too fast for me to understand what the hell was happening. But whenever Skylar stood up and cheered, I did the same realizing that there was either a fight going on or her team had scored. By the end, I was keeping up.

I just liked when the team scored because Skylar would jump up and down, throwing her arms around my neck and kiss me. When there was less than a minute left and the Rangers were winning by just one goal, everyone in the arena was on their feet. I could have cared less what was happening on the ice. Skylar was squeezing my hand and grinning so wide that I thought she would explode with happiness. She watched the time tick away and screamed when only zeros remained.

But I didn't notice. I just watched Skylar. The arena roared with screams of elation. I had to remember that moment so I pulled out my phone. I pulled Skylar close and snapped a picture of us.

"So this was a big game to win?" I yelled in her ear, trying to comprehend why everyone was this happy. Surely this can't happen at the end of every game.

She nodded excitedly, grinning from ear to ear. "We went to the next round of the playoffs." She jumped up and down like a little girl, hooting and clapping. I felt the excitement from everyone around us; it was contagious.

"Is every game like that?" I asked when I could finally talk to Skylar without yelling.

She shook her head, guiding me through the masses of people exiting the arena. "For me, I might get that excited at every game," she laughed at herself. "But mostly no, it's just because of the playoffs."

I took the lead to cross the street with her hand securely in mine. I comfortably slid my arm around her shoulders, drawing her closer. I kissed her forehead and she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"This was a lot of fun," I mused. I felt Skylar nod in agreement right as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and cursed under my breath.

"Everything okay?"

I slowed my step and stared at the screen. "Nate. I forgot I said I'd go out tonight," I twisted my lips in disappointment looking down at her apologetically.

She pulled her brows together. "It's early. You still have plenty of time," she glanced at her watch. "It's not even seven o'clock."

I nodded and tried not to show my disappointment. Didn't she understand that I didn't want to go out? I wanted to stay with her.

"Right, I guess I'll just tell him then..." I mumbled and started to text a message back.

"Albert?"

I looked up at her in question.

"Say what you want to say. I don't play around. I'm..."

I didn't let her finish. I pushed her up against the building, my arms trapping her between my body and the wall, and kissed her. I ran my tongue along her bottom lip and she moaned. She was clenching my coat between her fists. I breathed deeply, my mouth separating from hers for only a brief moment. I was out of my mind.

Our eyes met and she was staring at me in shock. It wasn't what she expected and I liked that I could surprise her. I smirked and pressed my lips against hers again. I was sure she could feel my excitement through the thin layer of clothes separating us.

"Albert," Skylar whispered, pushing me away gently.

"Yes?"

Her eyes were darting around me. I remembered where we were. I looked over my shoulder at the people walking by staring at the scene. She buried her head against my chest. "How about some tea?" I chuckled and pulled her down the street.

"That sounds nice."

When we finally did say goodnight and actually ended the day, it took almost a half hour, kissing and talking and kissing and kissing more. Although I did need a cold shower when I made it home.