Champagne drunk

We were drunk. We drank too much champagne and laughed too loudly and kissed often. Annabelle and Robert came over to talk to us as we stared at the portrait.

"So what do you think of it, Albert?" Robert asked, hoisting up his glass of whisky, I assumed. It seemed like an old man's drink.

"Well, he was one cocky son of a bitch," I said, at which Skylar laughed. "But it does symbolize such an important piece of the Baroque period. Portraits were such an integral part of Spanish diplomacy and I think this one, for instance, really captures the legacy. Would you agree, Robert?"

Robert just stared as Skylar smiled wide with hazy eyes.

"Um, I would, actually," he responded with unease.

I touched my glass against Robert's and smiled, downing the rest of the champagne.

Skylar laughed and pulled me away.

"I think I am ready to go," I said. I grabbed our coats from the check.

Skylar nodded in agreement. "What should we do now?"

I helped Skylar put her coat on before spinning her around. "Night cap?"

"No," she protested. She grabbed me by the belt buckle and pulled my body against hers. "I think we should go with your earlier suggestion and order in."

"That is a much better idea," I murmured. I practically pulled her out of the museum and down the street trying to find a cab.

Her legs were draped over mine in the cab, my hands tucked under the hem of her dress. I wanted nothing more than to get Skylar out of that dress, but I also didn't want to assume anything other than ordering in.

I followed her into the apartment, the place smelling like flowers. I took off my coat; she took it from me and pointed to my feet. I smiled and kicked off my shoes as she did the same and slid into one of the stools at the counter. She pulled open a drawer and a stack of menus. I smiled. I was kind of hungry since we had skipped dinner.

Skylar tapped her finger against her lips and I laughed out loud. She looked up with wide eyes. "What?" Her voice hummed.

I was tired of holding back. I stepped around the island toward Skylar and spun her around, her knees now around my hips. Her dress hiked up mid-thigh and she gasped slightly when I slid my hands up her legs. My kiss was hard, forceful, and not soft like she was used to.

My kiss deepened while she pulled me towards her. I squeezed her thighs and pulled her hips against me. There was no doubt that she knew I wanted her. I couldn't stop reacting the way I was, especially when she didn't try to stop me.

I was trying to think clearly. Maybe we had too much champagne and we should stop. I should be a gentleman. But then she would softly groan and any thought of stopping disappeared.

Her fingers fumbled with my tie so I grabbed it and tore it off. Skylar laughed between kisses and unbuttoning my shirt. I made my way up her legs and was touching the lace of her panties. She threw her head back, and I nipped at the soft spot right behind her ear. She groaned as my thumb gently pressed against her. She was already slick with wetness and I thought she might come right there. Her body rocked as I pressed against her, and massaged her tongue with mine.

The low groan from the back of my throat caused her to pull back and take a breath. I dug my fingers into her skin and when she whispered my name, I thought I'd explode.

"Albert," she whimpered.

She had somehow gotten me out of my shirt and her dress was nearing her waist. And then her hand came up to my chest.