best friends/revenge

happy new year :) i made an "about the author" book, check it out if you'd like!

mikey

it's friday night, which means- fall out boy's first gig. pete convinced me to come, which means i had to change into human form...i don't mind though.

the guys are all completely terrified- joe, andy, and patrick are on the dance floor, trying to let loose a little bit before the show.

and here i am, sitting in the back of the decorated gym with pete while the rest of the band is in the crowd.

"frank and my brother used to have a band, did i ever tell you that?" i'm trying to calm pete's nerves by keeping up a conversation. "it was called 'my chemical romance' i used to play bass with them sometimes...i'm not as good as you though." i say with a grin.

he laughs, "i'm sure you're great- did they ever get anywhere with their music? your brother's band, i mean?"

"yeah actually...released a couple albums. it isn't very popular here- but on hell it's all the rage. revenge is everyone's favorite." i reply while messing with my shoe laces.

he looks at me like a confused puppy, he tilts his head and everything- "revenge? is that a song?" he's so fucking adorable.

"it's the name of their second album" i reply.

my chemical romance broke up right after releasing revenge, even though they were planning on releasing three more albums. after gerard became the devil...he didn't really have much time to be the frontman in a band anymore, so they just split.

i mean, i was part of it, kind of. i played bass on the records but i never played live- stage fright and all that. gerard would beg me to go to concerts with them but i always declined. i'm not very good and i always felt like i was going to make a mistake.

"can i...hear it? we got another half-hour until i have to go on." he says, motioning to the stage.

i nod and find the music on my phone. i grab the headphones from my pocket and put one in my ear, handing the other to pete. i click on the first song 'helena', a song about my grandmother who passed away a long time ago. i smile when i hear my brothers singing voice-

long ago, just like the hearse you die to get in again. we are so far from you. burning on, just like the match you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know"

about a minute in, i turn over to pete who has an astonished look on his face.

pete tells me how much he likes each song until we get about halfway through the album and he has to go on stage.

each of them pick up their instruments and get in their assigned places. the introdue themselves before playing the first song- beat it by michael jackson. the kids in the crowd start dancing, seemingly enjoying the music.

they move through the set list pretty quickly. they play a mix of their own stuff and a few covers.

i smile and nod my head to 'grand theft autumn'. i mouth all the lyrics that i know well from secretly attending their practice sessions.

"so um, this next song is dedicated to a friend of mine. and uh i-it's about revenge...right mikey? revenge!" pete says with the most ridiculous smile on his face. the song starts, it's one that i recognize but i don't know the name of.

i get a good look at all four of them- andy's banging his heart out on the drums, patrick is singing with the craziest soul voice. joe's leaning on patrick while he plays. and then pete- well, he's fucking crazy.

he's bouncing around all over the place and jumping on the amps, not hesitating to flash me a smile every few minutes.

you would think he downed a gallon of coffee but that's just how energetic he gets when he plays.

then he- oh god, then he throws his head back while rolling his hips into his bass and i'm eternally grateful for the support of the wall because my legs almost give out under me. i swear i could get off on watching him- i mean, as weird as that sounds...

the audience is eating it up. they're all dancing and singing along to the songs they know. yet none of them are watching pete as intensely as i am, all their eyes are glued on patrick.

pete flashes yet another smile at me as they finish the last song- dance, dance.

eventually, pete comes to find me and we carry on with the night. having a good time on the dance floor.

i few hours later and i'm sitting on the roof of the gym with pete, of course. it was a struggle to get up here but totally worth it. the sky looks awesome. and pete looks amazingly pretty.

"hey mikeyway, can i tell you something?" he says, with a quite voice.

"y-yeah." i'm also whispering, something about it being late at night makes me feel like i need to be quiet.

he turns his head down from the sky and looks at me, "i think you're my best friend."

i smile, not saying anything- just looking back up at the sky, with pete next to me.

it's then that i realized, maybe not the best time to realize it but- i'm totally in love with pete wentz.

not really an author's note just- why does fall out boy have so many songs about choking people/being choked??? which one of them has a choking kink?? sorry i totally killed the mood huh...sorry motherfuckers

-jj