epilogue/nineteeth birthday

short ending but i hope you enjoy nonetheless. i had a lot of fun writing this, even though i think at times i didn't take it very seriously. of course, it's not my best and maybe one day i'll rewrite or edit it- but until then, goodbye the devil's right hand man :)

mikey

it's my nineteenth birthday. well, technically the day after because it's well after midnight, but you get it.

aside from that, pete and i have been officially 'dating' for four months, which might not seem long. because it isn't really. but even in that short amount of time, i can tell that i want to spend the rest of my life with him- and no, i'm not going to propose or anything...at least not yet. but i do have something important to ask him.

basically- and this might sound weird- but back a long time ago, the underworld followed a very strict monarchy- everyone cared about stuff like king or queen, princess, prince, duke, duchess- shit like that. it's not like that anymore, and the only title anyone really cares about is 'king'...which is me, i guess.

but still, i want pete to be a part of that somehow. i could make him a knight or give him some kind of noble title- but really, i just want him to be next to me wherever i go.

"pete, i wanna ask you something..." i say as i put my fork down. we're eating a 'midnight snack' as pete likes to call it, but it's really just a second dinner. we're in my kitchen. my kitchen, because i have my very own place now. pete signals for me to continue and i do- but i have to think for a second because i didn't actually plan what i was going to say.

"i-i don't know how to put it exactly since in the underworld we don't really care that much about titles anymore but...i think every good king needs a right-hand man, and well, i was wondering if you would be mine?"

his face lights up as soon as i finish, he just gets it. "the devil is asking me to be his right-hand man?" he replies with a giggle. i nods, with a laugh. pete awkwardly leans over the table and wraps his arms around my neck, pulling me down for a kiss. "of course i will, mikeyway. of course."

and everything is perfect, just like always.