mountain dew

mikey

"okay, what do you think about this one?" i've joined pete for his band practice today, as usual. him and patrick are writing a new song for their demo while andy and joe are working on a rhythm.

"it's good...but i think you should switch these two lines. i don't know, it just sounds better that way." pete says in reply to patrick.

"okay so, tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that i can't say, tonight i'm writing you a million miles away....like that?"

"yeah, like that."

i stand up from my spot on the couch and look around the room- well, the garage.

it's filled with musical instruments and equipment, along with a ton of posters. i mean, a ton of posters. there's so many, ranging from misfits to britney spears. i keep examining them until i come across one i recognize-

three cheers for sweet revenge.

where did he get this??

"hey, uh, patrick? where'd you get this one?" i ask, gesturing to the small sheet of paper.

"oh, pete brought that one actually. i've never heard of the band but i thoughtit looked cool, you like it?" i nod and continue looking around.

there's at least seven guitars in here- joe's, patrick's, pete's bass, and the four extras hanging on the wall- i feel like i just walked into a music store. i come across a bass in the corner, dusty and untouched. i pick it up and test it. it's in tune, which i'm surprised by.

i sit down with the bass and start playing some random notes from an old my chem song that i can't believe i even remember.

i lose myself in the music for a while until i feel someone sit down next to me.

"hi."

i pull my hands away from the string and turn to smile at pete, "hey."

"i'm gonna go get a mountain dew from the kitchen, come with me?" he says, standing up and holding his hand out to pull me up. i follow him out of the garage and through the house until we reach the large fridge.

"aw, man...there's only one left," pete grabs the single can of mountain dew and pops it open "wanna share?" he asks with a smirk like he planned it. i don't say anything, i just nod and take the drink out of his hand- and take a small sip before giving it back to him.

"so, where'd you get that poster, wentz?" i look him right in the eye.

"oh, shit! it was a hassle to get it, really- i searched all of ebay just to get the revenge album, the poster just so happened to come with it." he still hasn't wiped the smirk off his face.

"you didn't have to do that...i could've just given you one if you had asked"

he takes a drink of our shared beverage before speaking, "nah, i wanted to get it myself."

we stay there for a while- sitting at patrick's kitchen counter, just talking and passing the can of mountain dew like it's a cigarette.

"have i ever told you how hot you are, mikeyway?"

"a few times, yeah." i chuckle at him.

"you're really hot," he looks me up and down, trying to look seductive but failing amusingly.

"i know."

very short chapter today, sorry >~< literally what even was this?? idk. big things coming

-jj