veins

i'm letting you know in advance that this chapter sucks, i also just kinda made up my own rules about demons :/

mikey

being the king of hell isn't easy. that's something i would know. i spent eighteen years of my life watching my dad and my brother both struggle with the job- and now it's my turn to struggle with it.

the only difference between me and them is that they both had love that wasn't completely forbidden like romeo and juliet or some shit. my dad, he had my mom, and gerard had frank.

i didn't plan on telling pete everything that had happened- how someone saw us together, what my brother passed down to me- i was just going to let him think that it was another normal day- we were just playing mario cart and it was fine, but then that look on his face when he asked if i was okay just made me feel so guilty.

so i told him. everything. and he's a bit stunned, to say the least.

"so y-you're brother is...and he wants you to...?" pete doesn't finish his sentence but i nod anyways, knowing what he's trying to ask.

"and what does that mean...for me and you? isn't it like 'forbidden' or something?" i knew he was going to ask that question, and i'm prepared to answer it- i love pete far too much. there's no way i'm ever going to end things with him, because i have a plan- and not just one plan, two plans.

you see, i am going to be the man in charge, which means everyone will technically have to listen to me because i'll have power over them. so i could simply just change the rules, and make it legal for all demons to be with whoever they want- however, i know that the majority of people won't like that idea and that i could possibly be chased off the throne.

after i realized that, i came up with another plan-

to turn pete into a demon. it sounds crazy at first but the more i thought of it, the more it started to make sense. if he was a demon then we could be together without any problematic bullshit dragging us down. and no one would even have to know that he was a human before. i think this is the better option but it ultimately come down to what pete wants.

"yeah, it kinda is 'forbidden'- i figured that i could just change the rules, you know? i could change things so they aren't so forbidden. but the consequences of doing that are just...i don't know. so i was thinking..." i feel really nervous all of a sudden but pete signals for me to continue, "i was thinking, maybe i could make you- or I guess, turn you into a demon."

"you wanna...y-you want to turn me into a demon?" he says with his eyes blown wide.

"only if you want me to, i mean it's up to you. i'm sure there's another option..." i put my hand on the back of my neck, trying to think of something else.

"h-how do you do it? how do you turn someone into a demon?" pete asked, shifting in his spot on the couch.

"well i've never seen it done before, but- you know how i have freaky powers?" he nods, "basically i would just 'activate' my powers while holding onto your wrist or arm- just wherever there's a vein so the demon dna would go into your blood, does that make sense?"

he waits a second, "you don't have to cut me open or anything, right? because you know i'm afraid of sharp things." he says, not even jokingly.

"not at all, there would be no sharp things involved. the powers themselves are strong enough just to go right through your skin and into your veins- it's really weird, i know." pete nods again but i know he doesn't understand completely.

"and will i be able to turn back into a human whenever i wanted?" he asks.

"well, in the book i read, it said that there's different levels of demon- at the top is me, a full-blooded demon who can change into human form. i'm demon before i'm human. but, at the bottom is a human who can change into demon form- they would be human before they're demon- so if you want, that's what you can be."

he's silent for a second, and i let him think. i would understand if he didn't want to do it- it's not exactly the easiest thing to do for a normal person.

after a while he says, "okay, yeah i wanna do that."

"wait, really?" i ask in a mix of surprise and excitement- surprisement.

"yeah i trust you, mikes." pete reaches over and places his hand in mine, causing me to smile at him. okay- we're doing this then.