PROLOGUE: A FAMILY FEUD

"Is it true?" asked an old man, standing on a green hill. "Did one of my sons has made connections with a woman? Is it true this woman has borne a son of this family outside a marriage? Is it true?" The old man was a member of the Kasai family, holding the Sword of Fire in his hands. He was in his mid-sixties, a bold head with white hair stringing down the sides, wearing the black armor of the family, and standing lean and tall for an old man. His name was Argainor, and he was looking very concerned, worried, and horrified.

Simura was standing in front of Argainor, with a shameful look. Simura wasn't looking happy because he brought bad news: "It is true, Argainor. Your son, Vaskaldo, has a son, but the woman we never knew has died. A black figure strolled right in and killed her, but her son is alive: alive as a warrior. Your son has gone completely from our sights, but we have his son in our grasps. And his eyes shine like–"

"Shine like what?" asked Argainor, nervously.

Simura remained silent. His eyes were moving toward the sky, his armor, and back at Argainor. Simura was silent to reveal about Argainor's new grandson. Simura spent his time with Octavo and the other two Mythical Warriors instead of time with the Kasai family, and he has forgotten the pride of the family he served.

"Well, shine like what?"

Simura signed. "Shine like the silvery moonlight."

"The silvery moonlight? You mean my grandson is... Vaskàr?"

"Has been born onto this world, like Rin predicted. I never knew you would be the grandfather of the world's Chosen Warrior."

"This is quite shocking," said Argainor. "Where is the young lad?"

"Wavador gave him to Nuallán Dryk'gar, head of the Dryk'gar family," answered Simura.

"The trainer gave him to my closest family ally without my permission? I'm the head of the family, and he should have come to me, Simura. How could he do this to me, the Kasai family, to Rin Kasai?"

"Årvondor knows about the boy," protested Simura. "It has been three nights since his mother died and Wavador gave him to the Dryk'gar family. Årvondor has sent out his best fighters to kill the boy, and I was being watched closely. So, Wavador had only some free time to give the boy to our only trusted ally. Divra couldn't come because he was dealing with a battle of his own. Hanno and his Luninar Warriors are also searching for the boy. The entire evil army is looking for the boy."

"This is unheard of. How could the family have been discovered by him?" asked Argainor.

"It was—"

"Me," interrupted a voice.

Simura and Argainor turned to see what the person was. The figure was a human but with devilish wings, goat-like horns, shoulder-plated armor, light steel armor on his body, eyes glaring with black mist, and having a Mark of the Sword glowing right on his right arm. "It is I who told them of Vaskàr Kasai, Father," said the figure. "It is I: Ra'siar."

Horror flickered in Argainor's eyes: his second-born son has turned into a complete monster. "Ra'siar! You're... you're not a Mystical Warrior."

Ra'siar, who was the second son of Argainor, was standing not as a Mystical Warrior like all the members of the Kasai family were, but as a complete opposite of that warrior. Ra'siar was something more dreadful than a Luninar Warrior or a Comrade. He was something that looked more frightful than the King of Evil himself.

"Yes, Father, I'm not; I sold my soul to Årvondor to be more than a Warrior of the Light," answered Ra'siar. "For years, I've lived in the shadow of your greatness. For years, I wasn't raised by you but by that other warrior. For all my life, I needed a father to watch over me. I needed you, but you have neglected me; you sacrificed our family for the planet." Ra'siar pulled a sword resembling the Sword of Fire but black in color.