PRAYS IN THE TEMPLE

The small band landed at the Temple's eastside entrance. Brade scruffily place the stone sarcophagus on the ground. For a warrior who was supposed to defy the laws of gravity, Brade was looked like he had been affected by carrying the sarcophagus, which drained him of much of his strength. He was gasping softly.

"What the matter?" asked Vaskàr. "Growing old already?"

"It's this thing I'm carrying," Brade answered. "We're supposed to be defying the laws of gravity. Yet when I'm carrying that coffin, it seems to be turning me back into a human I was when my human body was alive. I am seeing how carrying one dead body is affecting my spiritual abilities."

"It is obvious my family does have some mysterious abilities, even after death. As we know from the ancient legends, Rin is to believe to be the son of a deity, and his blood runs through me: the blood of a human and a god, though the gods do not bleed. I guess the bones of a Kasai have abilities that I don't have knowledge about."

"Alright, I don't need another review," said Brade. "I know the family history. Can we review something else?"

"A cult wanting world domination?"

"I'll take my chances with the quietness." So Brade decided to keep his mouth for the time being, until he needed to use his mouth for something else.

Vaskàr walked over to the stone coffin and laid his hands on it. "You're home now, Father. Here your body can rest in peace with the family members. Help me with this, friends."

Vaskàr lifted one end as Titus, Haira, Brade, Harth and Simura carried the sarcophagus to the Temple, and he wasn't kidding the stone structure was heavy. It should have been easy to carry, if they were carrying one feather. Carrying this stone sarcophagus is like single human trying to carry an elephant with one hand. But for a group of warriors, they carried the stone with some ease. They carried a load that weighed a ton.

"Gee, this thing is heavy," grunted Titus.

"You think?" said Brade.

"Just get it inside, people," ordered Vaskàr.

They lifted the sarcophagus inches off the ground and pushed it toward the Temple's east door, only to move it three feet and tumbling down. And they lifted again and tumbled again when they moved five feet. The stone was in fact heavy for them to lift. These physical souls should really be defying the laws of gravity, but the bones of Vaskaldo Kasai had to be causing a sort of supernatural virus that was making them feel like living, breathing organisms. This would be a first time encounter with a mass force that makes spirits weak.

For Vaskàr, it was clear that his father received a proper burial in the Temple, where many the ancient Kasais lay. Vaskàr was a very strict, religious person when it came to preserving bones of ancient people, especially his dead ancestors. He saw those bones as relics of important people that once lived in important events.

If a single tomb was touched and was being removed from a grave, it would be a sin against the forces of the dead and a total heretic against the Laws of Nature. For his father would be an exception, Vaskaldo's bones were unburied for many years. Now, Vaskàr would save what was left of his father to be next to his wife and the ancestors that came before Vaskàr.

It took many more slides and lifts to finally be able to carry the heavy stone to the door. But by the time they got there, they needed a quick breather.

"How does this thing weigh a ton?" Haira gasped, longing for air.

Harth, who was the great Master of Air, used his airy powers and prowess to straighten up his fellow warriors. Thanks to him and his air abilities, they were regenerated and ready to go.