NEGOTIATIONS

It was near the break of a pink sunset when Divra brought Vaskàr this particular place where a statue of his ancestor Gnroil Kasai. This ancestor of Vaskàr was said to be one the most famous leaders of the ancient world. It was believed this man lived about two thousand years ago and single-handedly defeated a rising empire by his appearance and without the ability of Fire. He showed more strength than he did with his brains. It is said Gnroil was the only Kasai to show his enemies great strength in muscle instead of brains. He worked more of a showoff than a leader.

Whatever actions he did or how lazy Gnroil would have been, his actions back two thousand years ago turn him into a big legend. The people, who saw him won without taking a single punch to this empire, placed him as one of a few people defeat a new enemy without starting a fight. And the statue of Gnroil Kasai was built by ancient sculptures and placed in this one park that stood in central Amerino.

Divra flew a slower flight since Vaskàr said to Ryol to meet with him at midnight. It was sunset so Vaskàr had to wait for hours for Ryol to come. Divra landed in the park where the statue is held. Many trees and benches stood as sidewalks loop de looped in the park itself.

"You know how to contact us, if an evil fire does break out," said Divra.

"Yeah, our minds are still linked," said Vaskàr. He pulled out the katana and handed it to Divra. "Take this. I don't want to fight with this thing around. I don't want to kill anyone if I don't have to."

"Any last minute or second thoughts about this?" asked Divra.

"No, I am going to do this. If things go wrong, like I said, I'll link my mind to you or just let Gnroil watch over me."

Divra nodded and took Vaskàr's katana and fly away in the dimming lit sky.

Vaskàr watch his friend fly away into the darkening light. He turned and walked toward the statue of Gnroil Kasai. "Well, hello there. How are you doing today?" Good? That's good? I'm sure you did everything perfect back in your day. I'm starting to think I should have been born in the ancient world and see all the ancient people thriving under your protection, Gnroil. I don't know how to deal with these problems I'm dealing with. I'm sure you know how to deal with them when you were fifteen years old. I don't know how to deal with these cults, and why in the blazes am I talking to a statue for help?"

Vaskàr rolled his eyes in annoyance, seeing that talking to a statue of one of the incredibly Kasai ancestors wasn't going to help him. He just needed to wait for Ryol to come in the hours to follow. He leaned against the statue and waited.

♦ ♦ ♦

The hours followed did follow and the sun felt was setting in very slow manner. Vaskàr thought he should have demanded an earlier meeting than late at night. He was realizing that he is a mortal human; it also means he could fall asleep if he grew too bored and wouldn't stay up. He just knew giving up his spiritual power was a clumsy, very bad idea that could cost him his very life. He had to hope this was a big mistake he would live to learn, if he could survive the night. He had only his Dryk'gar instincts he had to trust and hopefully, the spirit of Gnroil would protect him, despite no longer being a member of the Kasai family. Vaskàr could only hope for the best if the worst is to come.

His long wait for Ryol was creeping nearer. A clock post in the park was five minutes near midnight. Vaskàr had his anxiety at a high level. His was feeling a heart attack like an old man. His real blood pressure was waving and swirling in his living human body. He was feeling his first ever nervous breakdown. Now he knew what it felt like to be in a mortal body.

As the five minutes rolled, Vaskàr's nervousness rolled down, as he meditated with deep hibernation. He felt his soul easing off the tension for this potential meeting.