A DESIRE FOR A DAUGHTER

The Kingdom of Saurashtra was filled with sorrows as Maharani Madhavi again gave birth to a still-born baby girl. To Maharaj Kshitij it felt like his desire for a daughter will never be fulfilled. He had a son Yuvraj Aditya to rule the kingdom but he wanted a daughter to provide a sense satisfaction in his heart.

Maharaj and Maharani tried several times to have a girl, but either Madhavi had a miscarriage or the girl was still-born.

"Forgive me Maharaj, I cannot fulfill your one desire." Maharani Madhavi cried.

"Its not your fault dear, its fate. Looks like Paramatma doesn't want us to have a daughter." Maharaj Kshitij consoled.

"Paramatma doesn't want you to have just any daughter." Someone said, they turned their heads and saw none other than Dwarikadheesh Vasudev Shri Krishna.

"Greetings Dwarikadheesh, you here ?" Maharaj Kshitij asked.

"Saurashtra-naresh, I have come here to fulfill your desire for a daughter." Vasudev said.

"Is it possible ?" Madhavi asked.

"Yes, but it won't be easy." Vasudev said.

"We're willing to do anything for a daughter." Maharani said.

"What is the way Vasudev ?" Maharaj asked.

"There are more than one way to have a child, and one of the way is through penance of gods. And we here in this part of Aryavart are blessed with the majestic Sindhu Sagar, a daughter obtained from Samudradev will be calm yet strong." Krishna said.

Maharaj and Maharani looked at each other with determination in their eyes and then at Vasudev.

"How do we do it ?" Maharaj asked. Krishna smiled.

《TIME SKIP》

Its been 3 months since Maharaj and Maharani started their penance for a daughter to Samudradev on the shores of Sindhu sagar . Krishna was right it was not easy, the waves and tides would rise up and soak them wet, making it hard to concentrate but they didn't budge.

Krishna realized it's high time now that Samudradev accept their prayers. So he one day himself went on the shore where the Maharaj and Maharani were doing their penance.

'Samudradev ! Its time for you to fulfill your duty !" Krishna said telepathically and suddenly a huge wave emerged at least a 100-feet tall and a deity emerged from it. Maharaj and Maharani opened their eyes and were astonished seeing Samudradev.

"I am happy with your devotion, ask whatever you want and it will be given." Samudradev said, his voice echoed throughout the shore.

"We want nothing but a daughter to give satisfaction to this heart." Maharaj said.

"O Samudradev give us a daughter who will have your calmness and strength, a daughter who is as beautiful and majestic like you." Maharani said and puts few flowers of Kalp-vriksh in the water as an offering.

" Maharani said and puts few flowers of Kalp-vriksh in the water as an offering

"Tathastu." Samudradev blessed.
(As you wish)

Few waves rose up and formed a female figure.

Soon the body made of water looked more human now

Soon the body made of water looked more human now. The girl looked somewhere around sixteen and her skin was pale white like the salt of the sea, her legs were tall and lean, her hands were delicate with thin long fingers. Her entire body was covered with a white saree showing her purity and serenity.

Her face was shining like the rarest diamonds, lips were petite and teeth were like pearls, and her big almond eyes were the shade of majestic blue like the ocean. Her long lashes almost touched her defined eyebrows.

It seemed like the entire beauty of the world was manifested in one human. Her odour of flowers the Kalp-Vriksh were divine. Her hair reached till her waist and were wavy like the waves of ocean.

She slowly walked out of the ocean towards Maharaj and Maharani. They both had tears in their eyes seeing her, their daughter.

She bent down to touch their feet but they stopped her and instead embraced her tightly. It seemed like they weren't able to believe she was real.

"Hey Narayan if this is a dream, let it never end." Maharani said looking at her daughter

"This isn't a dream, its a reality. Saurashtra-naresh name your daughter." Krishna said coming towards them.

"Dwarikadheesh, you are the reason we have got her. You have all the rights to name her." Maharani said.

"Well then, the girl is born from the Sindhu Sagar and has all the qualities of Samudradev. She will be known as Sagarika !" Krishna proclaimed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
NAME SUGGESTED BY Aadya_the_wordsmith

SAGARIKA WILL ALSO BE KNOWN BY THESE NAMES :

SAURASHTRA-KUMARI : Princess of Saurashtra.
KSHITIJ-KANYA : Daughter of Kshitij.
MADHAVIKA : Daughter of Madhavi (similar to Kauntey, Radhey etc.)
SAMUDRA-PUTRI : Daughter of the Ocean