FLOWERS OR DATES

Arjun was going to the royal garden to meet Sagarika and give her a flower bouquet, he made it himself by choosing the most beautiful flowers he could find.

He was humming a tune, which he normally never does. But his humming turned into a sigh of frustration as he saw Duryodhan coming from the other side.

Duryodhan too was coming to meet Sagarika and give her some sweets made of dates. He gritted his teeth looking at Arjun and realized he too was here for the exact reason.

"Bhrata Duryodhan." Arjun acknowledged coming towards him.

"Arjun, keep your stinky flowers away from her." Duryodhan warned.

"Says the man who is always covered in sweat." Arjun retorted.

"ARJUN !!" Duryodhan angrily warned.

"You two here ?" A voice said, they both turned around and saw Sagarika in a peach colored saree with little jewelry and opened hair.

'I want to be the reason you braid your hair.' Something both Arjun and Duryodhan thought.

"I came here to give you this." They both said at the same time. And gave death stares to each other.

"Are their dates in those sweets ?" Sagarika asked. Duryodhan nodded.

"My Apologies but I don't like dates, I will take the flowers though." Sagarika said and Arjun gave her the flower bouquet.

"It has all my favorite flowers, very beautiful, did you make it ?" Sagarika asked. Arjun nodded happily.

"You sure have talent, see you both later." Sagarika said and left. Arjun smiled and looked at Duryodhan who was almost frozen in spot. Arjun laughed and Duryodhan glared at him angrily.

Arjun patted his back and left, Duryodhan out a growl of frustration. Sagarika again chose Arjun over him, but why is Arjun attracting her ? Why she always unknowingly chooses him ? These all questions plagued his mind.

"I cannot let her be Arjun's at any cost !!" Duryodhan said and stomped away.

《TIMESKIP》

"Maharaj, crown prince Duryodhan is here to meet you." A dasi informed.

"Send him in." Maharaj Kshitij said. Duryodhan arrogantly enters the room or one could say stomping.

"Yes Yuvraj, how can I help you ?" Maharaj Kshitij said.

"Maharaj Kshitij, I want something from you." Duryodhan said.

"What is it ?" Maharaj Kshitij asked.

"I want your daughter's hand in marriage." Duryodhan said confidently.

"WHAT !?" Maharaj Kshitij exclaimed.

"Don't worry Maharaj, I like her and will do anything that makes her happy." Duryodhan said.

"But we just got her after months of penance, I can't let her go so soon." Maharaj said.

"Saurashtra-naresh, one day or the other she has to go." Duryodhan said.

"Why would I give my beloved daughter's hand to you ?" Maharaj Kshitij asked annoyed.

"Well, Saurashtra and Hastinapoor have been good friends but this marriage will strengthen the relationship between the kingdoms." Duryodhan arrogantly said. Maharaj Kshitij fell in deep thinking, a proper alliance with Hastinapoor is beneficial but its also the matter of his daughter's happiness.

"Maharaj, if Sagarika doesn't become the Kulvadhu of the great dynasty of Kurus then there will be war. And remember my Mitra Karna can eliminate your entire army with his bhargav-astra and your kingdom as well." Duryodhan warned. Kshitij cannot risk the lives of his civilians.

"I agree." Maharaj Kshitij said hesitantly.

"I knew you were smart." Duryodhan said smirking.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
DEMON KALI DID THE SAME, HE TOO THREATENED TO DESTROY THE KINGDOM IF CHANDRIKA DIDN'T MARRY HIM. AND SHE GAVE UP HER LIFE, WHAT WILL SAGARIKA DO ?