SWAYAMVAR

"Why won't you accept my proposal for marriage O great and devout sage." A woman said.

"Forgive me Devi, I am performing penance to defeat the demon Dambhod-bhava, marriage and love are distractions for me. You too can be an easy target for him." The sage said who was facing the other side.

"I am not afraid of Dambhod-bhava." The woman said.

"You surely aren't, but still. You are blessed with all the physical perfections of this world, Devi. finding a suitable groom isn't tough for you." The sage said. The woman sighed as tears fell from her eyes.

"Devi, we cannot be together at least in this life time. But maybe in next life if I get chance, I would cherish you forever." The sage said and turned around, facing her.

Sagarika's eyes burst open, again she saw one of those dreams that look more like a memory

Sagarika's eyes burst open, again she saw one of those dreams that look more like a memory. This time she saw Arjun as a sage or more specifically she saw Rishi Nar.

'What is happening to me ?!' She thought.

"Rajkumari wake up, today is your swayamvar !" A dasi said, she accompanied by 5 more maids. Sagarika nodded and got up.

They did her ritual bath, where they bathed her with Sandalwood, turmeric, milk and water. They steamed her hair and braided it, Sagarika sighed realizing that from today onwards she must always braid her hair. The Dasis adorned her luscious hair with luxurious jewelleries. They also adorned her body with the most expensive jewelleries over the most expensive silk cloth in the entire Aryavart.

They put bangles and rings on her hand and payals on feet which was covered in Mehendi from last night, the color turned put to be pretty good. They say that the color of mehendi in the bride's hand determine how much her husband loves her. But what if the bride has a swayamvar ? Sagarika has to figure out the one who loves her so deep that her mehendi has taken such a deep color.

The black as coal kajal made her blue eyes extremely stand out, today her eyes didn't look like the ocean, today they carried ocean of emotions and confusion. But she cannot cry as she has to be strong and also not ruin her face. Maharani Madhavi entered the room and looked at Sagarika sadly.

"I wanted to see you in a bride's get up but not so soon. Forgive me daughter I couldn't be a better mother." Maharani Madhavi said and joined hands, Sagarika got up and hugged her.

"It's alright, if this is my fate then I'll accept it with a smile on my face." Sagarika said.

"Come daughter, it's time to go." Maharani said with a heavy heart.

A stage was made outside the palace so all can see who their princess is going to marry. Everyone from the King to the peasant were present.

Sagarika climbed down the stairs from the palace gate which was connected to the stage and all the subjects kneeled to show respect

Sagarika climbed down the stairs from the palace gate which was connected to the stage and all the subjects kneeled to show respect. Duryodhan and Arjun couldn't believe their eyes as they saw her, to them she looked like an Apsara who has decended from heaven to choose her husband.

"RAJKUMARI SAGARIKA ! WHO DO YOU CHOOSE AS YOUR HUSBAND ?!" Yuvraj Aditya asked loudly so everyone could hear.

"BEFORE I CHOOSE MY HUSBAND I HAVE ONE QUESTION THAT THEY MUST ANSWER. IF I AM SATISFIED BY THE ANSWER ONLY THEN I'LL CHOOSE THE ONE." Sagarika said loudly.

"YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS TO ASK THE QUESTION !" Maharaj permitted.

"IF LOVE IS THE BASIS OF LIFE, THEN WHAT IS THE BASIS OF LOVE ?" Sagarika asked loudly so the subjects can also hear.

"ATTRACTION IS THE BASIS OF LOVE, YOU CAN ONLY LOVE SOMEONE IF YOU ARE ATTRACTED BY THEM. HONEY IS ONLY MADE IF THE BEES ARE ATTRACTED TO THE FLOWER AND IT'S NECTAR." Duryodhan said with full confidence.

"THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF LOVE, LOVE BETWEEN PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN, LOVE BETWEEN FRIENDS, LOVE BETWEEN SIBLINGS AND LOVE BETWEEN LOVERS. BUT THE BASIS OF ALL THE LOVE IS SAME, ACCEPTANCE. YOU CAN ONLY LOVE SOMEONE IF YOU ACCEPT THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE." Arjun said.

"RAJKUMARI SAGARIKA, ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH AN ANSWER ?" Yuvraj Aditya asked.

"YES !" Sagarika replied.

"THEN PUT THE VARMALA ON HIM AND SHOW US THE PERSON YOU DEEM WORTHY OF BEING YOUR HUSBAND." Yuvraj Aditya said.

Two dasis came with plates which carried the flower garlands. One dasi came towards her and Sagarika picked up the garland in her hands.

Arjun was getting nervous now, he was sure of his answer but again Duryodhan is the future King and he is just a Senapati. What if she chooses Duryodhan over him ? Arjun closed his eyes and prayed.

'Hey Narayan let her be mine, please let her be mine.' He prayed with closed eyes but opened them with surprise as he suddenly felt the flower garland around his neck.

' He prayed with closed eyes but opened them with surprise as he suddenly felt the flower garland around his neck

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
DO YOU AGREE WITH ARJUN'S ANSWER ?
HERE'S A MEME I MADE.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆A/NDO YOU AGREE WITH ARJUN'S ANSWER ?HERE'S A MEME I MADE