A FRIEND

All the people were in awe as they saw their beautiful princess, looking at everything curiously. Everything was new to her, the gods bestowed her with the knowledge of every form but not about objects made by humans.

The market place was extremely intriguing, Maharani chuckled seeing her curious eyes looking at everything.

The stairs of the palace were covered in flowers, Yuvraj Aditya made sure that his sister's feet won't be touching hard ground.

As Sagarika climbed the stairs, she was greeted by her brother and the rest of the ministers.

"Come on, sister. Let me show you around." Aditya said grabbing her hand and taking her with him.

Sagarika looked around curiously and Aditya was in awe with her cuteness. She looked like a curious baby trying to take it all in.

As she was going through the living quarters she bumped into something.

"That's a mirror." Aditya chuckled.

"A mirror ?" She asked.

"Yes it shows our reflection, our truest forms, look that's me and that's you." Aditya said.

"That's me ?" She asked staring at her reflection. This is the first time she has seen herself.

"Yes, possibly the most perfect human on the planet." Aditya said.

"Putri, it's time for your customary bath. Come here." Maharani called.

"I'll take my leave, see you later Madhavika." Aditya patted her head and went away.

"Come on daughter." Maharani called again.

The customary bath consisted for applying sandalwood on the body, then bathing with milk and after water, the servants massaged her soft skin with perfumed oils. Afterwards they got her ready by putting new luxurious clothes and jewelleries on her.

After Sagarika was well groomed, Maharani gave the sacrament of Mahadev to her thinking if this is the first time she eats something it better be pure and holy, Sagarika felt good and happy after eating the sacrament by Maharani's hand.

Suddenly Vasudev Shri Krishna entered the room happily.

"Greetings Dwarikadheesh." Both the ladies greeted.

"Greetings, I came here to meet my friend." Krishna said hinting at Sagarika.

"Friend ?" Sagarika asked innocently.

"Yes, a friend is someone with whom you share all your happiness and worries with. Someone you can always count on." Krishna said. For some reason he had his hands behind the back.

"Well then I shall leave you to your friend." Maharani said and left.

"Here I bought you a gift." Krishna said showing his hands, they were holding a bright green parrot, Its beak was as red as tomato.

Krishna gave the parrot to Sagarika who nervously held it, but soon became comfortable with it.

"What is it's name ?" Sagarika asked.

"Tarun." The parrot spoke, surprising Sagarika.

"You can speak ?" Sagarika asked astonished.

"Yes, very well actually." The parrot spoke.

"I used to read Upanishads with him, when we were in Dwarka. Therefore he can speak so profoundly." Krishna said.

"That's nice, Thank you." Sagarika said.

"Don't mention it." Krishna smiled.

"But I don't have anything to give you. How can I repay this ?" Sagarika said.

"You see, in true friendship you don't have obligations to repay anything." Krishna said.

"But seriously, I want to give you something to show my gratitude." Sagarika said.

"Don't worry about it." Krishna said.

"He likes Makhan !" Tarun the parrot said.

"Tarun !!" Krishna said with fake sterness. The bird flew away from Sagarika's grasp and sat on the Chandelier above their heads.

"Smart bird. I'll get you some Makhan." Sagarika chuckled and went outside the room.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
A FRIEND LIKE KRISHNA IS SOMEONE WHO IS ALWAYS WITH YOU AND HAS BEST ADVICE.

DO YOU HAVE A FRIEND IN YOUR LIFE THAT IS LIKE KRISHNA ? OR ARE YOU THE KRISHNA IN TERMS OF FRIENDSHIP ?