THE DAY BEFORE

"Your father promised you to me !!" A demon roared.

"I am not in a mood to talk kali." A woman said.

"Address me as 'Swami' !! You're soon to be my wife." Kali said.

"I already told you, my heart is taken by another." The woman said.

"Well then beautiful, forget him as soon as you can. I am sure once you forget him, you will only think about me, the Almighty Kali !!" Kali roared.

 I am sure once you forget him, you will only think about me, the Almighty Kali !!" Kali roared

Sagarika's eyes burst opened, was this a dream ? It felt extremely real as if a memory. The demon of her dreams resembled Duryodhan for some reason. Maybe because she was thinking about him and Arjun last night. She brushed it off and got ready for the day, tomorrow is her swayamvar after all, she has to pick dresses, jewelleries, accessories and also mehendi on her hands and feet.

Everything was still surreal to her, its only been over a month since her birth and Maharaj and Maharani are marrying her off to someone.

'Why do I have to take such a big decision for my life now ?' She thought as dasis got her ready. Suddenly Yuvraj Aditya entered her room.

"Madhavika !!" He called embracing her. She also embraced him tight.

"Listen sister if you don't want to marry we can call it off, this brother of yours can face their armies alone. And don't worry I don't mind if you stay in the palace with me forever and never marry." Aditya said.

"Bhrata, I don't want a single drop if blood to be shed just because I chose not to marry anyone of the princes." Sagarika said.

"But-" "No buts, I don't want the people of Aryavart look down upon us. I will marry one of them." Aditya tried to say but Sagarika interrupted.

"But which one ?" Aditya asked, Sagarika sighed.

"I haven't decided, I don't know I am just so confused." Sagarika said.

"Follow your heart and have faith on god." Aditya said.

《TIMESKIP》

Duryodhan was angry at Maharaj and Maharani for organizing a swayamvar. Karna was trying to convince him that it's going to be alright. They both were picking jewelleries and clothes for tomorrow.

"Mitra, she'll choose you only. After all you're the future King of Hastinapoor, and Arjun is just a mere Senapati of Indraprasth." Karna said.

"But Maharaj and Maharani shouldn't have organized the swayamvar." Duryodhan said trying on different Ang-vastra.

"They just want their daughter to have some say in this, every parent does." Karna said.

"Mitra Karna, what if she chooses Arjun over me ?" Duryodhan said.

"Why would you say that ?" Karna asked.

"Well she always unknowingly chooses Arjun over me, over and over again." Duryodhan said worriedly.

"Mitra ! Don't think like that, A king has no comparison to a Senapati. Besides every girl wants to be a queen, not Senapti-Bharya." Karna said.

"You're right, she will choose me. After all I am the future King of Hastinapoor and she will sit on the throne next to me." Duryodhan said.

"Throne ? Mitra that's Devi Bhanumati's place. You're not thinking about replacing her with Rajkumari Sagarika, are you ?" Karna asked.

"Karna why would I keep Bhanumati by my side when I have the most beautiful and perfect, Sagarika. I do love Bhanumati, don't take me wrong but I want the world to see how beautiful the Queen of Hastinapoor is." Duryodhan said.

"It would hurt your wife, Mitra." Karna said.

"Bhanumati can be upset all she wants, she will be fine in a few days." Duryodhan said and left. Karna sighed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
SENAPATI-BHARYA : A TITLE COINED BY Krishnaanujaa

SAGARIKA DOESN'T WANT A SINGLE DROP OF BLOOD TO BE SHED BUT DURYODHAN WILL WAGE WAR IF SHE DOESN'T MARRY HIM ? WHAT WILL SHE DO ? CHOOSE HIM OVER ARJUN ?